Speakers

K

Krawler

I'm fixing to change out my speakers in the front and the rear. I was wondering how many watts they are individually. Would some 160 watt 4" 2-way speakers work in there with the factory wiring? thanks

-Brian

Lutzgaterr

Apr 23, 2004
LUTZ, Florida
I can tell you that factory speakers I beleive are all 2-ohm based on common ground used in the vehicles. I replaced the four factory speakers with MB Quart speakers and hooked in a 8-inch self-powered Bozooka tube. This truck has a small cabin enclosure and a small bass tube does wonders for sound. I recommend rewiring around the factory amps and going direct to your new head unit to acheive better performance and less buzzing-popping etc. Oh yes, once you rewire, your ohms should advance to 4 versus factory 2 ohm load based on new floating ground versus common ground.
Gee, in short, any speakers you choose, regardless of new head unit or not, will do a better job IMHO.
BTW, I left the factory tweeters in pillar, yanked the two 6" subs and amps. Also, you are very limited in depth for both front and rears, so 4" is the best unless you plan to redo the bottom door panel pockets to gain more depth for speakers, but water will be your issue if that is your choice.
Good luck.

K

Krawler

Eventually i'm going to take out the speakers on the rear door and put 2 12"s 2000 watt Audiobahn speakers i found for $100 and mount them like you did in the rear cargo holds.