Rover owners living in Maui ??

S

Scout II

If your in Lahana for the evening, stop by Kimo's for dinner. Best seafood & fresh mahi mahi ever...

S

Scout II

Was in Maui about a month ago, wish I was still there....

Attachments

• CIMG0114.JPG
    CIMG0114.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 150
S

Scout II

I have been to a few in the past, there pretty fun. Somewhat touristy though after awhile. Its a been there, done that sorta thing. We just shop/hang out or go to the beach with a few sixers and soak up some Hawaiian sun. :D

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
Ahhhh the memories. We were in Kauai and Maui for our honeymoon in early June last year. Had a FANTASTIC trip and almost didn't come home. We stayed near Kaanapali (north of there actually) and drove everywhere. I'm talking, the entire island and then some. Spent our first evening in Lahaina, but we ate at Cheeseburgers in Paradise! After flying all day, we didn't want a heavy dinner. Get a burger with grilled pineapple and watch the boats in the harbor. Ahhh.... We were in Kauai for five nights prior to that, so the hustle and bustle of the town was a welcome change. There are tons of lovely galleries there too!

Also, we went to the Marriott Luau and it was really fun. Good price, perfect location and, of course, the weather was great. Open bar and buffett.....plus entertainment...what more could you want?! We are still trying to figure out a way to make Kalua Pork in a ground(pit) oven at home! ;)

I saw three Rovers on Maui: one on the Road to Hana, it's a white Disco with the license plate Waterfall; one on the South side of Haaleakala, a white RRC; and an old Series truck on a side road (parked at a house). Yes, we enjoyed our honeymoon...but we were ready with the camera for all the 'sightings!' If I can figure out this new board, I'll post the pics.

Actually, if I remember correctly, we saw other Discos and one Freelander near Kahului, but didn't snap photos in traffic.

Have an awesome time and say hello to the islands for me...I miss them so!

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
Here is a picture of the Lahaina Harbor at sunset. And one of the Series we saw.....the Rangie picture is too dark. I have HUNDREDS of Hawaii pics though! :D

Attachments

• LahainaHarbor2.JPG
    LahainaHarbor2.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 55
  • SeriesonMaui2.JPG
    SeriesonMaui2.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DiscoMaui2.JPG
    DiscoMaui2.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Apexdisco

Apr 20, 2004
Castle Rock, CO
Nice pictures. I can recognize the one taken of the northern part of the island past kaanapali. Close to the blowhole?

Maui was excellent. My new wife and I loved everything about the island. We took over 300 pictures during our 6 night stay.

We watched the sunrise on top of Haleakala and then biked 38 miles down to Paia. That was an experience.

We also ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Did you make it to the Fish Market in Paia? We missed that one on our way back from Hana because we were car sick for some reason.
Friends told us they had great fish tacos and I'm still craving them as I write.