2001 RR, what are my tire/wheel choices

scubaman99

Jun 7, 2004
Sunnyvale, CA
www.keepmedia.com
Hi All

i'm a new RR P38 owner and im wondering what choices i have for wheels and tires.

my new (used) rig comes with the 18 wheels and Michellin XPC's. i'd really like to get a set of offroad tires as well.

what are my choices in the 18 range and what are my choices for 16" rims

thx

KEN :confused:

NVRover

Apr 20, 2004
Broken Arrow, OK
Ken, if I'm reading your post correctly you're wanting to buy a second set of wheels and tires...if so then go with the 16" wheels for off roading. You'll have more options in terms of tire size with the 16s and they'll also give you more side wall which will protect your wheels. I believe wheels for the series two discovery will fit the P38 RR. If I remember correctly the off road tire options for 18" rims are few and the ones that are out there are fairly large tires. Others who are more experienced at this may be able to shed more light on this.

Chris

J

Jparker

If you want to stick with the 18" rims, you can go with Toyo open country ATs or Nitto Terra Grapplers. I think BFG just made a new size of their ATs that would fit the 18x8 rims. I've got the Nittos and they ride great, both on and off the trail.

Pugsly

Banned
Apr 20, 2004
www.roverautomotive.com
I have an '01, and I just picked up a set of 16" rims. The 16" tires are cheaper and have sturdier sidewalls.

I just went to the tire shop and we looked through all their tires (true radius) and found the best fit. They scuff in entry mode, just have to wait for the vehicle to come up to height before moving if I lowered it previously.