DII Tailpipe Diameter

DOHC Holliday

Jul 20, 2006
Western CT
Searched and can't find the answer...

I'm going to remove the resonator and tuck the pipe up a little higher to clean up a rear bumper install. It seems to be an odd size?

I don't want to cut it off and then not have the correct pipe on hand.

Update:

Tailpipe diameter up to the resonator is 2.5" O.D.

Short tailpipe after resonator is 2.5" I.D.

I heated the pipe near the rear axle and tweaked it just a bit, cut the hanger off the frame and welded it up approx. 1.5" higher to get the pipe parallel to the floor.

Since the Greg Davis bumper is shorter than stock I was able to weld the small pipe after the resonator right onto the existing tail pipe once the resonator was removed. If you run an RTE you probably should run a longer 2.5 I.D. tailpipe to be certain you get all the condensation and gasses out from under the truck.

Last edited:

DOHC Holliday

Jul 20, 2006
Western CT
Sorry no pics yet. I was planning on doing everything that involves welding on the same weekend.

I'm going to get some 2.5" ID and see how that matches up. The OD of the factory pipe is about 2 5/8".

SDD2

May 20, 2006
I'll be interested to see how it turns out. Just finished a Greg Davis bumper install and the resonator/exhaust are dangling like rock magnets now. I've got to reroute one way or another ...