Scarr

K

kfristoe

The count is up at 70 now. Amazing. This is going to be so sweet. A first time event with over 70 Rovers there. I still think we need to continue to talk this up and get it to 100. Let's do it.

Trey & Melissa Burns

Apr 20, 2004
Texas
discoweb.org
We're excited about the event as well.
The last time I was able to get on the TX Rovers site the count was up to 72.
Melissa that sucks you cannot go until Sat.
What about the rest of you?
We will be there Friday.

j_button

Apr 25, 2004
Dallas, TX
I think you could call the event a success! I'm not certain of the final truck count but there was a ton of us. I saw plates from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. We had some rain on Friday night and it continued until about noon on Saturday. This made for some interesting conditions. Some of the dry creek crossings looked very different after 9 hrs. of rain. I have to hand it to the folks in the tents, always positive and very few people bailed out. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day. The GPS poker run was a blast, especially since I won a gift certificate to RoverTym. There is always fun where there is a group of Land Rover owners itching to climb something. Thanks go to the Land Rover NA folks who gave a great class to people new to off-roading. All in all we've set the stage for something to make bigger next year. Who's ready?