danger in removing plastic front wheel well splash guard?

darw_n

Jul 19, 2004
breckenridge, colorado
so the only rubbing I am getting on my 165/75/16 ko's is in the front wheel well, the plastic splash guard that lines the well.

what's the danger in removing it?

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
is it the whole plastic thing? like the whole top of the wheel, or is it just the plastic behind the bumper?

Removing the whole wheel well the only problem that I could see is exposing your air intake hole to more danger and elements.

Removing the plastic backing to the bumper (which I ended up ripping off while wheeling) didnt really cause any problems to me

C

cmlmtn

I left mine off after cutting my bumper as shown in the Tehc section. My only complaint is that you can see the washer fluid bottle when standing on the driver's side. I would recommend routinely covering it in mud so it is not so noticeable. :D

Oh ya...I am running 265/45/16 on my D2 and (after I cut the bumper) no rubbing even before my OME 2" lift.

B

barefoot

if you can avoid in another way (maby trim instead) dont remove this. my driverside was missing when i bought it and every time i hit a puddle too fast i get water in the engine! bad bad news!