SRS Lights... Can SRS be Reset by me???

1995-Disco-I

Nov 28, 2008
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Hey there guys... Got the my new 01 Disco up after replacing the Front Propshaft...Thanks to you guys!..... Now to address the dash lights... it is lite up like the Command Deck on the Enterprise on Star Trek!!!....

As for the 3 Amigos... I'm going to purchase the ABS Amigo soon..

The SRS Light stays on all the time and i read somewhere on here (searching!) that if your battery dies it will cause the SRS to light up... Is there anything i can do to "reset" it to see if it was something at fault by comming back on or just a dead battery???... I know that i can not READ the code.. but is resetting an option??? Also i read something on unplugging the Seat belt Tensioners... Can someone point me in the right direction on this?.....

Has also had the rear Air Bags replaced with coils.. and from time to time that lights up too, but just for like a minute then goes off?....

I need a key/keyfob for this thing to and a friend has one with a broken key in it, can the blade be replaced itself or do you have to buy the whole thing???

Thinking that maybe i will take it to the Dealer in Grand Rapids... I wonder if they charge for each thing they scan for?.... As in... Have them dissable the SLS Air suspension light, Scan the 3 Amigos, Scan the SRS Airbag light, and code the Keyfob???

1995-Disco-I said:
The SRS Light stays on all the time and i read somewhere on here (searching!) that if your battery dies it will cause the SRS to light up... Is there anything i can do to "reset" it to see if it was something at fault by comming back on or just a dead battery???... I know that i can not READ the code.. but is resetting an option??? Also i read something on unplugging the Seat belt Tensioners... Can someone point me in the right direction on this?.....

Not knowing why the code was thrown, there is no way to know.

1995-Disco-I said:
Has also had the rear Air Bags replaced with coils.. and from time to time that lights up too, but just for like a minute then goes off?....

The BCU and the ABS ECU need to be configured to ensure the lights stay off for good, if both aren't reconfigured, you will have this happen.

1995-Disco-I said:
I need a key/keyfob for this thing to and a friend has one with a broken key in it, can the blade be replaced itself or do you have to buy the whole thing???

If we could buy just the blade, we'd all be ahead. I hate to think of how many I could sell if I could just get the blade.

1995-Disco-I said:
Thinking that maybe i will take it to the Dealer in Grand Rapids... I wonder if they charge for each thing they scan for?.... As in... Have them dissable the SLS Air suspension light, Scan the 3 Amigos, Scan the SRS Airbag light, and code the Keyfob???

You will likely be charged a diagnostic fee that if you aren't very specific will only get you an estimate to fix and not the codes. "I" on the other hand will read your codes for you, give you the codes and an estimate to fix it. Several of your neighbors make the drive to see me.

1995-Disco-I

Nov 28, 2008
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Where you at P.T.???? Tell me you are in Grand Rapids or somewhere close!

You have the "gear" to do this?... I looked up some of the tools needed you referenced in another post and that is $$$...... a quick read and reset would cost me about how much?...

And thank you for the info!...