5th LR vehicle yet to be announced?

N

NorCalDiscoII

All Land Rover models will be used during the 2005 Challenge, including the all-new LR 3, as well as a fifth vehicle that is yet to be announced.

This is from LR G4 Challenge website... click on "Vehicles & Equipment" (http://www.landroverg4challenge.com). Huh? Any clue what 5th vehicle they are talking about??? :confused:

It can't be this thing...?

wallpaper_03.jpg

wallpaper_08.jpg

S

syoung

What about the Escape? I bet it's the Escape since the new Freelander is a Volvo- or wait, no a Focus- no wait... they're all gonna be the same anyway.

S

syoung

the kind of people that would buy that thing only need one mirror- the one on the visor so you can look at yourself.
Don't need blinkers anyway- won't use 'em.

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
syoung said:
the kind of people that would buy that thing only need one mirror- the one on the visor so you can look at yourself.
Don't need blinkers anyway- won't use 'em.

I hear there's boat loads of space in the door pockets for a hand gun...

David Woo

Aug 24, 2004
Southern Calif
it just might be the range stormer...

At a recent range rover experience, the LRNA rep indicated that the stormer is being developed for production.
So maybe that's what it is.
DW

S

syoung

The NFL guys and rappers would need lots of gun storage space... that's for sure.

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I look at that picture, and the wheels on it, and know in my heart it was the begining of the end of serious Land Rovers when they started putting that crap on them. I was looking through an Atlantic British catalog that came a few weeks ago. I had to put it down when I got to the wheels that were nearly $2,000 each.

I remember back in '92 I applied for a job at the dealer in Cleveland. After the interview, when I was told I didn't get the sales job ;) , I was told they liked me, my knowledge etc, but the reason I didn't get the job was I didn't focus on how Land Rover makes the buyer upscale, better than others, blah blah blah.
Silly me, it never occured to me to focus on image over substance.

Now that the MoD is reportedly ditching the Defender, I expect it's only a matter of time before those also will become another me too SUV with fully independent suspension and unibody.

Damn, I'm depressing myself.

N

NorCalDiscoII

Gumarcel said:
NorCalDiscoII would like it since he is all about the bling.

Ooookay? I don't see how I'm all about BLING? You don't see 40" pizza cutters on my truck, do you?
BLING-BLING.jpg

It's a nice looking CAR, and hell yeah I'd drive it, just not sure about G4 Challenge ;) Didn't you just say above that you "Dig it"???

Last edited:
N

NorCalDiscoII

Proof!

here... just so you know I'm not lying...

Attachments

• bling.jpg
    bling.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 164