Changing brake pads twice in 3 months?

Colton

May 7, 2004
North Carolina
Had to change the brake pads twice in three months. The anti-lock light is on. ABS pump or sensors or what could be the problem? Rotors and pads aren't the cheapest things on earth. If anyone has had a similar problem and might know what it is please email to rover7592@yahoo.com

Colton

May 7, 2004
North Carolina
I'm changing the pads because it is metal on medal and it grinds when i come to a stop. Both sides are wearing pretty evenly, and equally worn out.

Ron L

Mar 30, 2004
SoCal
ok...all I can say is either your using cheap pads, rotors are warped or your driving too fast and braking too hard.

Colton

May 7, 2004
North Carolina
i've been using genuine land rover pads, and genuine land rover rotors. I don't drive fast at all and i usually don't brake that hard. I may have put 1,500 miles on the truck. I dont have that much extra weight on my truck either.

Meisterbr?wn

Jul 20, 2004
Longview, WA
Its hard to imagine a set of circumstances where you are wearing pads down to metal in 1500 miles. Can you take your rotors somewhere to be examined, your calipers too?

If you know of an Indie shop, or someone you trust, I'd take it in and get a second opinion. Something really weird is going on here and if your pads are being obliterated that fast, it sounds like a possible safety issue.

Leigh

Apr 20, 2004
Chicago
I had a caliper stick and I had to rebuild it but this would be unusual with both sides wearing the same. Are you noticing any difference in performance?

Gumarcel

Apr 21, 2004
DC
Colton said:
i've been using genuine land rover pads, and genuine land rover rotors. I don't drive fast at all and i usually don't brake that hard. I may have put 1,500 miles on the truck. I dont have that much extra weight on my truck either.

Holy crap son, I have 30k on mine and they are still fine!