ECP: PA June 24 -26

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
There is a trip to Pennsylvania June 24 - 26 organized by some of those on the D-90 Source Forum. The dates are firm. They plan to visit Paragon. They may include a day at Rausch Creek. They have reserved a group campsite at Red Ridge Campground.

I have been in contact with them and we are welcome to join them (with our Discos and RRCs); however, we must abide by all of their rules and regulations stipulated in Section 82 of the D-90 trips and events manual. I believe the Section 82 subsections that apply to us refer to 'Disco owner hazing' and 'fetching drinks on demand'. We may wear our
East Coast Posse colors in their presence; however, it is anticipated that we will all be wearing mud brown by the end of the day.

Diff guards were recommended and some dents may be expected. There are fees and regulations associated with these parks/campground.

I have a friend who has a new J**p Unlimited Rubicon and I am trying to arrange a stock Rubi vs. stock D-90 showdown.

Anyone interested?

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
If I'm out there by that time I will DEFINATELY be there.

D

D Chapman

Randy Maynard said:
Sounds like I need a D-90 rescue sticker for my DII.
And a Blaze Orange "Black Out", with Darkorchid trim.

D

D Chapman

Randy Maynard said:
Dufus, I already have a hoodblackout with a lifetime guarantee from John Vigg.
Oh, well then you need a "D-90" sticker for the hood!

Eric N.

Apr 20, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I don't remember having to fetch beers for them that last two times at Rauch with them... Must be some new rule..

Just make sure if you see mud that you let Mike Hippert drive for you.. He likes to keep a real clean rig. :D

E

EricSiepmann

Kavic said:
I'm there...

Seems unfair to the D-90 :rolleyes:

So does the J**P owner fetch for the Disco owners??

Depends on how the shoot-out is run. Find an unlifted D-90 with lockers. Then make a thorough evaluation of everything - both trucks . Comapre the frames, axles, payload, towing capacity, departure and approach angles, ...

A locked 90 vs. the Rubicon would be comapring apples to apples.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
so who's going?? my friend and i are thinking about going up this weekend and camping out over night then the next day we are going to look at a truck for him.

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
jymmiejamz said:
so who's going?? my friend and i are thinking about going up this weekend and camping out over night then the next day we are going to look at a truck for him.
I believe Mike (Kavic) and I are driving up Friday to join the D-90 Source group for Paragon on Saturday. I don't know if/where they are wheeling on Sunday. I have a friend with a new J**p Rubicon Unlimited who may join us (hope he's not scared of a stock D-90 challenge).

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
so you arent going wheeling on friday then, just driving? is it cool if a friend and i join on saturday? if so can you give me some details. BTW he will be riding with me.

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
JohnK said:
I have a friend who has a new J**p Unlimited Rubicon and I am trying to arrange a stock Rubi vs. stock D-90 showdown.

Anyone interested?

I nominate Tyler K or Hippert :) Oh wait Mike blew his T-Case :p

If I can get Michael's Disco off base then I will be there too.. He is locked and my Disco is not.

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
jymmiejamz said:
so you arent going wheeling on friday then, just driving? is it cool if a friend and i join on saturday? if so can you give me some details. BTW he will be riding with me.
We're crashing a D-90 Source trip. You're welcome; but, there may be some Disco owner hazing by the D-90 people. Some of the details are posted in the first post in this thread, some details are in the D-90 Source thread (link below), and I believe some plans are not set yet.
http://www.d-90.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5299

I feel lucky if I can just get Friday off from work. I just assumed that any Friday wheeling would be too early for Mike and I to get there. If he wants to wheel on Friday, I'll try to make it. What do you think Mike?