Insurance Question

J

JJMyerz

Hey all,

I think I'm getting hosed on my Rover for insurance. I'm 24 one small fender bender 3 years ago and they want $290/mo :eek: for a 1996 $7k Discovery. My jeep was worth $16k plus all the mods I had covered and it was only $115??!?

I'd like to see others rates if you wouldn't mind to see how badly I'm getting hosed!

Thanks

Justin

J

jnjander

I am 23, have a 99DII, my insurance runs about 1100 a year (90 a month).

Last edited:
D

dent

32, zero accidents, no tickets except for parking and am paying $2200 (CND) ... yes i shopped around and this is the best i could find

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
$1400 a year
full coverage for both my 99' rover and my 02' saab.

$4000- holy shit! i think your getting hosed.

T

Tim_H

$4000.00! I am sorry but that's an insane waste of money. What could you have done to receive such a high rate?

Porter

Apr 20, 2004
27, $1400 for full coverage. Accident in 1999, and 2000. No speeding tickets for 7+ years

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
After 3 years the accident should be removed from you insurance record and the premiums returned to normal. I pay less than $290 for 3 vehicles.

290/mo = 3480/year.

Jasrover

Apr 21, 2004
You are getting hosed. Look for another insurance company. The liability portion of my insurance is relatively high,as the truck would probably do more damage in an accident than a smaller car. I pay slightly less than $100/month for a 96 Disco, which is almost the same as my 02 Mercedes and 04 Porsche.

Gumarcel

Apr 21, 2004
DC
Yeah I am getting jacked up the ass. But my parents won't change the provider and I don't pay it so, oh well.

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
Yeah I am getting jacked up the ass. But my parents won't change the provider and I don't pay it so, oh well.

You're a teenager for crying out loud!!! Tuff luck, kid. Statistically speaking...you're the reason old bastards like me pay a dime more than 20 bucks...to protect us from crazy hormonal nutbags blasting Limp Bizkit and eating Pop Rocks and Mountain Dew while driving!

Be respectful of your elders, kid. Or at least give credit where credit's due. Your PARENTS are getting jacked up the ass. You are getting a free ride.

S

Snwbord24

Glad you don't stereotype people utahdog.

31, '03 DII, single. $964/year

Gumarcel

Apr 21, 2004
DC
utahdog2003 said:

You're a teenager for crying out loud!!! Tuff luck, kid. Statistically speaking...you're the reason old bastards like me pay a dime more than 20 bucks...to protect us from crazy hormonal nutbags blasting Limp Bizkit and eating Pop Rocks and Mountain Dew while driving!

Be respectful of your elders, kid. Or at least give credit where credit's due. Your PARENTS are getting jacked up the ass. You are getting a free ride.

I am barely a teenager, I am 19, limp bizkit sucks, pop rocks are alright, and I drink Pepsi! Oh well, I am not a bad driver, I am just the result of ageism(if there is so such thing and I am kidding). I think that people over the age of 60 should have to pay as much as teenagers, then less of them might drive and cause problems on the road. And I am respectful of my elders, except assholes, I don't respect assholes.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
insurance

I'm 23 years old, from the great state of NJ (insurance king).. I have one minor accident when I was 18 (5 years ago), one 4 point speeding ticket when I was 20 (3 years ago), and one 2 point ticket from about a year ago (8 miles over the speed limit.. cops have nothing better to do).. I drive a 2001 Disco, which I have a loan out for, so I need full coverage..

I was recently with Prudential Insurance, was paying $5400.00/yr .. until 2 months ago when they dropped me.. when I asked the reason they said "Prudential Insurance reserves the right to discontinue coverage on 2% of their customers without reason" ..

So now, after shopping around, I found Allstate Insurance.. I'm paying a grand total of $1800 A YEAR!

Why is it so much cheaper? Other than just being a better company, I found out that Prudential looks back 5 years on your driving record, while Allstate only looks back 3...

Last edited:

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Allstate ain't that bad...

Currently, I am paying $323 a mo - for 5 4x4s, and one teenage driver. Three vehicles are insured in full, two - liability only. All possible discounts.
Starting next month, I'm dropping collision on all of them - leaving liability and comprehensive. Will be around $176/mo.

A few years ago, I've requested a quote from AAA - and they underballed Allstate by a lot. But then, they jacked up from the original quote - because my wife was involved in an accident several years prior to that, and she wasn't even at fault (chain accident on a Detroit urban freeway). So I kept with Allstate; a couple of weeks back, I've requested a quote from AAA again - and this time, it wasn't even any less than Allstate's, even with proclaimed discounts for techical professionals!