camping music

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
those who know me know that i'm a bit of a music junky, so with that said, i thought i'd give up my latest little jewel of a find which i would consider the quintesssential camping chilling music.

JOLIE HOLLAND- escondida
(she's like a twist of Billy Holiday and Tom Waits all wrapped up a blend of twangy folk)

nothing like sitting by the fire w/ cocktail in hand being serenaded by bluesy voices form heaven :D check it out

what do you like to chill with by the fire?

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
The music i like to listen to is probably despised by 99% of everyone here...

Favorite Heavy Metal Bands... :D
Chimaira (#1 by far)
Static X
Mushroomhead
Killswitch Engage
Coal Chamber
Motogrator
Slipknot
Soulfly
Hatebreed
Lacuna coil

It's great to listen to while lifting wieghts.

We normally listen to Art Bell or whatever music sounds good on hunting trips.

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
WOW! Matt

that's some pretty angry music to listen to whilst chillin' by the camp fire tellin' lies to your buddies.
do you need a hug?

Did Art Bell come out of retirement again. i thought someone else took over "coast to coast". greg something or other, man that brings back nasty graveyard shift memories.

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
I agree with Mike on this topic. We normally just talk about hunting areas, the monster mulies we have/hope to see, etc... When we seldomly do listen to the radio, it's Art because of his wierd alien discussions he has sometimes. I haven't had a chance to listen to him in a while though, so I don't know if he's retired or not.

Thanks for the offer Marc, but I don't need a hug, (plenty of high school ladies for that :D ). I'm not a damented person, and I don't wear all black close with black finger nails. I just like heavy metal a lot. It helps get the blood flowing at 7 AM when football practice starts. I need it to wake me up, because right now it's "hell week" as they call it. 7 hours of football 6 days a week! :eek: :eek: :eek: It's still fun though.

As far as I know, Art is (or was) only on in the early morning around 1 or 2, maybe 3 AM?

Steve Rupp

Apr 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
www.discoweb.org
I'm going to have to disagree with my brother here. I need a little music to chill around a campfire. Although I don't care much for Matt's selections, I do like to listen to a little Jazz.

Ella Fitzgerald
Louis Armstrong
Frank Sinatra
Norah Jones

Marc, I checked out Jolie Holland. I downloaded it from iTunes. I'm diggin' it. It'll go on my campfire playlist. If you have anymore good jazz selections, let em rip.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
I listen to bluegrass or folk if I am camping. My favorite campfire music is something that people can sing to if they wish. Like John Denver.

I too like other music old school heavy metal especially, but would never subject anyone else to it while camping. If noone is withing ear-shot it is whatever, I or the group happen to be in the mood for.

Brian

Last edited:
C

cmondieyoung

Joy Division
Mogwai
My Blood Valentine
Bauhaus
Echo and the Bunnymen

...and other 80s-90s prog rock all the "metal" heads are too young to even know about. ;)

marc olivares

Apr 20, 2004
Koby,
i can only imagine the syncopated arpeggio of the CDL chime in Pumpkin minor!

now that would be a campfire delight :D

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
For me the best camping music is none. Or, in otherwords, the sound of the creek I'm camping beside, or the fire crackling.

C

cmondieyoung

Rocky Mountain High--John Denver!

Friends high around a campfire.. hell yes!