Poll: Who likes the new BBS?

What do you think of the new Discoweb BBS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

Kyle

Neil , there is another golden rule. Its called keeping your mouth shut when you dont really know the whole story..... :) Thanks

Robert Godshall

Apr 23, 2004
King of Prussia, PA
I like the new layout it's just gonna take a little gettig use to. just glad to have D-web back I almost chewed my damn hand off. Oh and neil shut the fuck up you gutter whore yeah so what if its slow and the new D-web waters are still a bit choppy. you don't know what you got you ungreatful bastard.

This concludes my current statement
Robert M. Godshall Jr.

P.S. I would like to comend the trinity on thier expediant work

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Discoweb Team,

It will probably take me a little while to learn the new system, but it looks pretty good so far. I'd have to say you have done a wonderful job of re-creating and keeping alive the place we all go to for help. I particularly like the seperate pages in a single thread feature, though the others I have yet to explore. I can't wait to see what happens.

Neil, take a little time to think about what you said. These people spend countless houres trying to keep this site up and without a hitch. They monitor the threads carefully and keep the area safe for those who just need help getting a job done, or setting up for a trip. They do it without being paid. Next time you need help, and someone from across the United States, or even the world is there by your side through the whole project, think back to your most recent smart-ass remark directed at those who make all this possible.

Cheers,

Kennith

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
neil30076 said:
Golden rules of web site design:
1) don't drop your old site until the new site is throughly tested and ready to go!
2) Test, Test , Test the new site
3) don't drop your old site until the new site is throughly tested and ready to go!

repeat until you are sure it works!

PS to designer of new site: Oh, and don't use framesets, they ar so old style!
This site should be .asp, not .html....

Thanks you for your insight, Neil. We are awestruck. Now, do you happen to have a spare server lying around that we can use to run the old site off while we are rebuilding and testing this one? It would have to be in a colocation facility, and it would have to handle between 100 and 200 GB of transfer per month. You can get us that for free? No?
Never mind, then.

O

Off Road Disco

I'm happy to see it back and not all pimped out for M$IE. Seems to work well with Gecko Browsers (Netscape). :)

Ray Wallace

Apr 19, 2004
Northern California
Roverlady (Susannah), you'll always be a senior member in my mind. But don't let the new rules get you stressed out. Just go with the flow and enjoy your Rovers and being on the "wrong coast". Ray

s

GregH

Apr 24, 2004
Nice work-I like it!

With all the new options, where is the ass-screening feature? :)

K

KEJ

This format doesn't look too hard to get the hang of. I will NEVER learn how to upload a picture though! Now, let me see if I've mastered text in the new format......

Karen ;)

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
Thanks Ray!

Karen..you made it! Yippee!!

To the Rover Trinity....I'm getting used to it...and will be fluent soon. Thanks for all your hard work! :)