5- 16" rims & tires off 98 D1

robert freye

Feb 8, 2009
hoffman estates, ill
looking to sell 5- 16" rims, rims are tornados design & tires off 98 D1, rims are in good condition, also all the lugs come w/ deal, 3 tires bridgestone dueler 684's, tread 7/32nds, size 245/70r16, other 2 tires michelin xpc's, tread 7/32nds, size 235/70r16, the different 2 sizes, because the dueler 684's are discontinued. asking $200 for everything. :drool: if interested, will have to email pics of rims w/ tires, having trouble downloading pics. hoping for local pickup, if have to ship, will be extra.

Last edited:

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Why would you post these on here and not respond to my question about you shipping these in the private emails from last week?

The trust just went right out the window. Definitely not interested in buying anything from you now.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
I think LR stopped putting Castor alloys on US Discos in 1995. From 96-99 Discos came with either Tornados or Deep Dish alloys with the exception of the Boost alloys on the 1998 LSE (I knows 'cause I gots 'em) and whatever they put on the XD. I think those were Typhoons, but you'd know since they are black. LR parts historians, please add anything I missed or correct my mistakes.

It seems Mr. Freye is mistaken in either the wheel model or the year of origin.

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
XD's came with castors that had centers painted black with the outer rings remaining brushed aluminum.

If you look at pics from roverover in consecutive order, here is the skinny:
1. Stock steel
2. Cyclone - from 95 Range Rover Classics
3. Castors
4. Tornados
5. Deep Dish

Here is the thread: http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73103&referrerid=4055

The rims Mr Freye is selling are Tornados according to the pics he sent me.

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Someone needs to create a list with pictures in the tech section of all the wheels for Land Rovers, the names, which vehicles they came on, etc.

robert freye

Feb 8, 2009
hoffman estates, ill
to all who have looked at my listings, very sorry about the rim design, to d1driver I am very sorry, but I did email you about the shipping, you are to far to deliver the rims, once again I am very sorry, hopeful this will help. hopeful you all can help me get my items sold, again I am sorry.:eek:

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry. I never got your return email about you Fedex'ing the wheels to me last week. I was expecting an email thinking we had a deal, but then I saw you posted them on here. No worries. I have decided to go with stock steel wheels instead anyways.