• Hate it

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • dont care

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

kevinhaeb

ok, ok..it wasn't fair to compare a Rubicon to a Stock Disco, and I knew darn well that I wouldn't hear the end of it. The Rubicon is a jeep, correct? The bumper sticker says that recovery crap about jeeps, right? I also am positive that you have seen some bone stock discos with this crap about jeep recovery. Yes, Lr's are better for recovery due to the power and weight. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am a supporter of LR's and Jeeps. If you're gonna bash a Jeep, you best have the vehicle to prove it. I do hate seeing 4cyl stock wranglers trying to show off with disco's, which apparently half of you have been doing. I realize those are junk, but you have to admit a Rubicon is gonna whoop any LR from the factory, even possibly the Defender no matter how "amazing" you are at wheelin. So, don't have BS about jeeps on your bumper unless you're sure you can whoop every Jeep that reads it, yes even G4 owners. One more thing...I do LOVE my discovery!!

Jaime

Apr 29, 2004
NJ
Relax man...stickers are just for fun! :)

My favorite was on a Jeep that had an "Attach Bronco Here" with an arrow pointing to the trailer hitch.

S

Steve83

I've NEVER seen a Jeep (stock or modified) that could pull out my Bronco(which ONLY has stock parts). Even a wrecker built on an extended 18-wheeler chassis couldn't pull me out of a field one time :eek: - he nearly set his truck on fire by stalling the main winch. I had to get back in & drive it while he pulled. And I was only ~40' from the pavement.

So that Jeep sticker was TOTAL bull! :D

On the other hand; I've towed a fullsize dump truck (also built on an 18-wheeler chassis). :p

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
I'll pull you out with my jeep, Steve. It weighs more, has longer wheelbase, and more low end torque than a stock Bronco. It is geared lower, too.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
The jeeps like me sticker is silly and unprofessional looking. The Jeep revocery team sticker is well done.

You'd also look like an ass if you could not recover a jeep when you try, which eventually is likely to happen.

Large numbers of stickers are generally a sign of a posuer, but realize that some people have them for sponsorships and such and do this to their company vehicles. For this it seems appropriate. For a mere enthusiast? Trashy.

I do have a couple though I have the really small GBR sticker on my bumper and the large oval on my front skid plate.

Brian

utahdog2003

Apr 20, 2004
North Florida
The sign of being a poseur is telling people about your stickers on the internet! C'mon whats worse really, having big green ovals on the side or maybe an EE sticker or two, or going to the supermarket with a freakin shovel on your roof?

Steve83, if I had that Bronco, I'd just hit shit for fun! That bumper is the craziest thing I've seen since the Simon and Simon Power Wagon!

BAM!

G4? why?

Attachments

• g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
I'm not a big sticker fan. For example, the warn logo on my winch is enough. I don't need one on my bumper or window.

I've seen several folks just go sticker crazy on some trucks, and it just looks ridiculous. I have a few stickers on my truck. RTE stickers because i've bought suspension system, bumper, sliders, etc..., from Steve and John. Same goes for the GBR sticker in the rear window. Those two, and a small Renzetti fly fishing sticker are all I have. I guess it's my way of saying thanks for the great products, so I'll advertise your company on my truck. It helps there business out.

Matt