Land Rover Discovery Hood Blackouts.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I don't think bri called anyone posers.. he said "Bling" .. he didn't say "omg you have bling you suck at life".. he just said bling.. bling is a good thing in some peoples eyes, bad in others.. why is what bri saying getting your panties in a knot?

I'm on bri's side of this argument.. do I have bling on my truck? sure.. I have a hood blackout, one of these days I may throw a logo on it.. I have my trusty discoweb.org sticker on it.. hell, i've even considered doing the side decals like on the XDs.. its to each his own opinion on how things look. It's when you jump on someone for voicing their opinion is when you become a dick.

Chris shouldn't have been so quick to jump at the criticism, his ONLY concern should be if orders are being placed.

B

brianpack01

Cry me a river dude

If the only reason you are spending way too much time arguing with yourself about the "bling factor" is to get your point across to people that serve this site, you are in the wrong place my friend. Sell your disco and get back into that tahoe buddy. No one wants to hear the BS. You went on to call people posers for not taking their rig off road 24/7. Let me ask you a question, how much time do you spend. Take a hike man, no one really cares. Let the man equip his truck, I know mine will be in the mud more once it is paid off.

Discrover

Mar 20, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.myrover.net
rmuller said:
I don't think bri called anyone posers.. he said "Bling" .. he didn't say "omg you have bling you suck at life".. he just said bling.. bling is a good thing in some peoples eyes, bad in others.. why is what bri saying getting your panties in a knot?

I'm on bri's side of this argument.. do I have bling on my truck? sure.. I have a hood blackout, one of these days I may throw a logo on it.. I have my trusty discoweb.org sticker on it.. hell, i've even considered doing the side decals like on the XDs.. its to each his own opinion on how things look. It's when you jump on someone for voicing their opinion is when you become a dick.

Chris shouldn't have been so quick to jump at the criticism, his ONLY concern should be if orders are being placed.

Because Ryan I have seen this countless times by the few here that consider themselves the Rover Elite or part of the Discoweb frat club...most of the times I just shake my head and steer clear...from the poor kid in Texas that painted his wheels black on his D2 a few weeks back and one guy went off on him telling him what a turd he had just turned his truck into.

I just get sick of that mightier than thou complex that seems to run so rapid around here. Maybe because I'm one of the older geezers.

As far as bling...again all cars in the states are full of bling and L.R. is a top the list on that category.

I come from a long line of NO BLING old timers...buy dad actually got pissed off at Ford back in like 1988 when Ford made it were AC was standard and not an option in a new Ford pickup along with FM radio. My dad uses a truck to serve one purpose and one purpose only....a tool.

This is the honest to Gods truth...my dad bought a brand new Diesel Ford pickup in 1985 when the Ford diesel first came out....today that pickup has around 300,000 miles on it...and here is the punch line....it has only been washed maybe 2 times it's entire life and I am the one who washed it when it was new.

He has a newer Powerstroke now...but it goes through the same beating as the old one.

My dad still to this day buys the bottom of the line Fords...with no manufacture add-ons. He still has just an old AM/FM cassette player which is what came in his last new Ford and probably has never used the cassette player in it's lifetime.

Look at one of his trucks and then look at you're own and then try to talk to me about the bling factor...lmao ;)

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I had about 5 paragraphs typed up, then realized its not worth my time :)

(This is where I would have posted the Arguing On The Internet Is Like .... image, but the last person who did got slammed. On that note, a few months ago someone posted a thread "Are we turning into an angier website?" .. most people agreed yes.. on that same note, I think a lot of people are turning a lot more sensitive to things.. )

Last edited:

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
rmuller said:

This is a good point. I resisted getting sucked into this thread but I will say this--- Bri's my friend,,,and I have Camel Trophy stickers on my rig,,,and we never even discussed it. Who cares? To each his own. Bri says one word "bling" and it turns into a freakin multi-page pissing match. I didn't "jump to his defense",,,he doesn't need my defense. And for the record, Bri's far from a poser,,,, go wheelin' with him & you'll understand.

Discrover

Mar 20, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.myrover.net
brianpack01 said:
If the only reason you are spending way too much time arguing with yourself about the "bling factor" is to get your point across to people that serve this site, you are in the wrong place my friend. Sell your disco and get back into that tahoe buddy. No one wants to hear the BS. You went on to call people posers for not taking their rig off road 24/7. Let me ask you a question, how much time do you spend. Take a hike man, no one really cares. Let the man equip his truck, I know mine will be in the mud more once it is paid off.

Now that is a funny post....let the quote "MAN" equip his truck so he can get in the mud in his truck....lol

If you read my post dude I said my Disco spends about 90% of the time only on pavement. I actually live inside Dallas, but have a couple acres with a large shop 35 miles east of Dallas, with a full shop welders. ....80gallon compressor 3 bays one with a 12ft door and a 16 foot roof line. My Disco is used for running around out at the shop etc.

I bought the Disco to replace my 97 Yukon...because I like the "BLING" factor of a Land Rover...lmao

It is primarily a street vehicle...I have had many modded up Jeeps, Samis etc and still in my opinion they are alot more suitable for real hardcore offroading especially when stripped and only have the bare essentials.

I have had jeeps that I have rolled on their tops 4 times in one day and wenched them back over and kept playing....if I were to roll this Disco over on it's top I don't think it would fare so well.

Of course if you want a decent 4x4 that is a great and somewhat luxury daily driver than a Disco is for you no doubt and I fit that category 100% and the reason I bought a Disco. I never even dreamed of doing diddly to it until I stumbled onto this site and my first impression about 2 yrs ago when I saw this site is I thought it was guys down in Australia and the jungles of Brazil "WHICH I HAVE BEEN AND IS EXACTLY THE TERRAIN A LAND ROVER IS MADE FOR" when I saw the banner at the top of this site. Imagine my amazement when I found out it was city dwellers from all over the US modding their trucks up to look like a Safari wagon.

I was just looking for info and parts when I found this site completely by accident, but I will admit I thought you're trucks looks cool with the 100% Bling factor added to them.

I'm still thinking about a roof rack for mine and maybe some other stuff, but my truck serves it's purpose now and I myself am not sure about all that bling. ;)

C

Chris Hyde

rmuller said:
Not true. Maybe some people suck dicks to sell a few items on forums, but not me pal. Here or anywhere.

C

Chris Hyde

SCSL said:
This is a good point. I resisted getting sucked into this thread but I will say this--- Bri's my friend,,,and I have Camel Trophy stickers on my rig,,,and we never even discussed it. Who cares?
Let me tell you why. It is very simple. Because, FOR THE 10th TIME............It is easier to punk somebody from behind the monitor than it is to do to them in person. I guarantee you that if I live in Colorado, Brian would have been less quick to make such a comment because no one wants to be embarassed if they happen to run into a LR comrade locally. Its simply a mind tactic. Does it take common sense to figure this out? I mean, how old are you man? Dont act like you dont know how life works.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Chris Hyde said:
Does it take common sense to figure this out? I mean, how old are you man? Dont act like you dont know how life works.

Woooooooooo there. Damn you are fired up. I never flamed you on this thread. I'm just pointing out Bri's lack of poserdom & his neutrality to my own personal aspects of self-admitted 'bling'. You guys are going to make your own decisions as to whether or not to continue flaming. You're big boys & can make take care of yourselves.

Besides I only flame Todd. JK !!! :D :D Peace

PS: I'm 14 years old on my dad's computer & thought life worked kinda like a box of chocolates LOL ;)

I suggest that there are more hyper-sensitive folks on DWeb than there are "assholes" or members of the top-secret super-underground ""Rover Elite"" lol

Discrover

Mar 20, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.myrover.net
OH and on a last note....I'm not knocking anyone here for blinging their trucks up. I think they look great...what I am knocking and the point I am trying to get across is the fact that Bri posted a "BLING" one liner for a $70 dollar hood blackout decal, but then has the realy real real, high dollar Rockware full on BLING BLING BUMPER with winch.

My question is does Bri live in the rain forest of Brazil where that winch could save his life and essential to everyday travel just to get to market, or does Bri live in the out back of Australia where that big steel heavy ass bumper might move a Kangaroo that ventures into you're path.

Or like myself does Bri live in the city limits of the burbs and mod a truck up with heavy ass shit and big ass tires when gas is over $2.00 a gallon for the fun of it.

I know it's all pavement to my casa.

BLING BLING BLING BLING>>>GA GA GET IT? :D

Now really how rediculous does Bri's bling comment sound since I have put all this in lamens terms? :cool:

Last edited:

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
I used the term poser below in a general way. Not directed at anyone and you get your knickers in a twist yet again. I could careless what people do, whether they "pose" or not. I EVEN SAID THAT BELOW. Whether they "bling" or not. I just try to avoid it, I have not done this forever, so pick my front bumper apart. Big fat ugly poser bumper (sure takes the rocks well though). Here let me make you feel better.

I AM A POSER. I AM A POSEUR.

If poser means nothing to you and the entire country is bling then why the fuck are you even arguing about my response.

Mightier than thou? Give me a fucking break Holmes. Reread the threads, I would say that calling someone a cock sucker is slightly more holy than though than a poser or a "blinger". What about saying you would thump someone on the nose and spit on them eh? Who the fuck are you and Chris to talk? Noone!

Go have a cup of shut the fuck up.

Do you think that I would have just kick back and say-- yeah Todd and Chris are right, I'll just kick back here and let them walk all over me and call me every profanity known to man so that I don't make you feel bad?

Bite me.

You SHOULD be ashamed of your response and Chris SHOULD be ashamed. You're both posers too so go be ashamed.

I know that if I ever called a customer or potential customer a cock sucker, I be done in my business, I am very surprised that neither of you see this lack of professionalism.

The only reason this disser-fucking-tation exists is because you were insulted by this one simple reply and took this to a personal level.

Get it now?

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Discrover said:
OH and on a last note....I'm not knocking anyone here for blinging their trucks up. I think they look great...what I am knocking and the point I am trying to get across is the fact that Bri posted a "BLING" one liner for a $70 dollar hood blackout decal, but then has the realy real real, hight dollar Rockware full on BLING BLING BUMPER with winch.

My question is does Bri live in the rain forest of Brazil where that winch could save his life and essential to everyday travel just to get to market, or does Bri live in the out back of Australia where that big steel heavy ass bumper might move a Kangaroo that ventures into you're path.

Damn here we go :D Alright Todd I am not flaming you,,,I gave it up for a post-new-year-resolution ;) I'm also not "defending" Bri 'cause it's kinda queer. But the reason he has a Rockware bumper & winch, like many of us, is sure as hell not bling. It's 'cause he goes wheeling,,,,gets stuck,,,,needs to winch uphill thru rock fields,,,helps recover other vehicles,,,and needs the front-end protection. You don't have to wheel your Rover to fit into any percieved crowd or 'elite'. But those who do aren't posing.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Discrover said:

Or like myself does Bri live in the city limits of the burbs and mod a truck up with heavy ass shit and big ass tires when gas is over $2.00 a gallon for the fun of it.

I know it's all pavement to my casa.

BLING BLING BLING BLING>>>GA GA GET IT? :D

No city limits here. Unincorporated county, but still the the burbs. In a week I will live in the forest, good for me, too bad for you.

My rig gets about 3000-5000 miles per year. Almost all dedicated to backcountry travel. The winch indeed has gotten me out of situations that could have been life threatening.

This land rover has taken children to a hospital in blizzards that the police and ambulances could not navigate. It has done the same for hikers stranded in the backcountry. It has in the past taken me to the market, but rarely does now.

My name is Brian. I am a roverholic and total poser.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
bri said:
This land rover has taken children to a hospital in blizzards that the police and ambulances could not navigate. It has done the same for hikers stranded in the backcountry.

Like 4 1/2' with 6'+ drifts 2 yrs ago,,,,, gotta love Castle Rock

My name is Brian. I am a roverholic and total poser.

LOL
C'mon man do Carnage this weekend. I don't want to be the only Disco

Discrover

Mar 20, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.myrover.net
SCSL said:
Damn here we go :D Alright Todd I am not flaming you,,,I gave it up for a post-new-year-resolution ;) I'm also not "defending" Bri 'cause it's kinda queer. But the reason he has a Rockware bumper & winch, like many of us, is sure as hell not bling. It's 'cause he goes wheeling,,,,gets stuck,,,,needs to winch uphill thru rock fields,,,helps recover other vehicles,,,and needs the front-end protection. You don't have to wheel your Rover to fit into any percieved crowd or 'elite'. But those who do aren't posing.

Dude you don't have to have a Rockware bumper to go wheelin...believe me. Yeah they come in handy but there are alot of whinch points on a vehicle other than a large steel bumper.

They do look cool though I agree.

I have taken Jeeps out on terrain I could not get my Disco too if I put a 6inch lift under it and 35" tires....it's a weight issue which is a major issue with a Disco, unless you really stripped one down and cut the top off of it and replaced body panels and door with fiberglass or cloth and the Jeeps didn't have any type of special custom order bolt on high dollar bumper.

We just fabbed a recover steel tube bumper in the shop with a couple winch points...welded it to the frame...and rock slider and roll cage all tie end together.

The body of the vehicle is just skin really...but I will give you that they do come on handy especially on a Rover.

I have a stock brush guard still on the front of my Disco, but bought the bolt on Trekoutfitter back bumper because I have actually had to hook onto my buddies H1 and pull him when he gets high centered on stuff...which a 8ft wide vehicle does somewhat easy.

As matter fact here is a picture where I broke the bumper last times and actually broke the metal and havent had a chance to weld it up yet.

Hey are we having fun yet or what?? :D

Attachments

• 400x260-3.jpg
    400x260-3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 45

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Discrover said:
Hey are we having fun yet or what?? :D
Todd you have thick skin. Not a quitter. Even though you can't spell worth a damn :D I think you are all right. Can we all move on to another topic to beat the shit out of each other about? Let's go back to kicking my ancestors :eek: :D

Discrover

Mar 20, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.myrover.net
SCSL said:
Todd you have thick skin. Not a quitter. Even though you can't spell worth a damn :D I think you are all right. Can we all move on to another topic to beat the shit out of each other about? Let's go back to kicking my ancestors

Hey, that was fun dude...I had a blast doing that. :D

Naw, man I am just trying to keep this going because I need to get my lazy ass up and get packed for the lake and this is a good excuse for me to keep setting here. :cool:

OH, and Bri...I have had my 97 Yukon up in the deepest snow in the U.P. of Michigan...been snowed in on the freeway going into Buffalo, NY...would not have mattered what kind of 4x4 car or truck you were in you were not going anywhere...you just prayed you had enough gas to get through the night.

I have also been right through the middle of Colorado going Elk hunting to all the way up to the far corners of Montana back mountain country...my Yukon had a 3" lift on it as well and I was running 285-75-16's.

Do I think the Disco is a more capable 4x4 then the Yukon...hands down...but I got anywhere I really needed to go in the Yukon...which is what my Disco replaced, but with that being said if I wanted to go out wheelin I loaded my trail rig "JEEP" on a trailer and pulled it out to where ever it was I was going.

These trucks are basically toy's that you guys are using as d.d. which there is nothing wrong with that, but the total concept still hasn't grown on me.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
SCSL said:
Like 4 1/2' with 6'+ drifts 2 yrs ago,,,,, gotta love Castle Rock

LOL
C'mon man do Carnage this weekend. I don't want to be the only Disco

Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout. Shit next winter I may have to have Matt make a plow adapter for that bling bling bumper. Shit Todd's got me thinking about chroming it.

Discrover

Mar 20, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.myrover.net
bri said:
Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout. Shit next winter I may have to have Matt make a plow adapter for that bling bling bumper. Shit Todd's got me thinking about chroming it.

Aw,

Dude that is to bad man...ARB makes a Chrome version of their big heavy ass brush bar winch bumper for the GM Posers...you should have just gotten one of them, so you could fit in with the GM Posers crowd and wouldn't have to pay to chrome yours. ;)

A little mothers chrome polish dude and you could blind Stevie Wonder.

just goofing on ya man :D