electric windows

jkilling

May 25, 2005
Having a problem w/ my 97 Disco front electric windows. Window goes down about 6" then stops and sounds like it is skipping teeth on the window regulator, motor still working, but no window motion. I disassembled and found no apparent wear on the regulator teeth or on the two gears of the motor/driver, no apparent metal flakes or anything. Can be expensive just buying parts. Any ideas or common problems?

jkilling

May 25, 2005
I have replaced those in the past as well, thats not it this time. I think it's either the regulator or the motor or the components thereof where they interact. Thanks.

spydrjon

Nov 9, 2004
Dacula, GA
www.oysterroast.com
-HIJACK-... have you seen the new window regulators? they no longer have the plastic wheel that breaks and cannot be replaced. Now it is equipped with a plastic square fitting that can be removed and replaced with ease. Better than the original, but why can they not just replace the plastic wheel with a METAL wheel!!??

ok... you may have your thread back now :)

jkilling

May 25, 2005
No luck yet. I guess I will disassemble again and study a little closer. The regulator being the less expensive piece will be ordered first.