Sea Foam

rovrjnky

I know this topic has been beat to death but since the archives have not migrated yet I will go ahead and post...
Does anyone have any pix of where exactly to use this stuff (other than the gas tank and crank case, of course) ?
thx.

BTW 95 Disco.

Apexdisco

Apr 20, 2004
Castle Rock, CO
Been hearing a lot about the SEA FOAM. Pardon me, but what is it again?

Steve Rupp, we have the same year truck. How many miles on yours? I'm at 150K.

Hoot

Apr 19, 2004
Bloomfield twp, MI
seafoam deep creep is a product you can use to lubricate, penetrate and clean. it can be used in the oil, in the gas or sprayed or poured into the plenum chamber of the engine to clean the carbon build up out, and supposedly help clean sticking valves or help prevent the sticking valves.

The product is also availible in different forms, i think it comes in a liquid that you have to pour in with a funnel and in a spray can WD-40 style with the little red soray straw.

There is a bit of debate as to how much it helps or what it exactly cleans, and whether or not it is O2 sensor safe or not. But i gave it a try and figured the $6.95 price tag for the can was worth a try.

I used the spray can version in my 96 Disco, and i have to say a lot of carbon smoke came out of the exhaust after i used it, and the idle dropped some and is more level then it used to be.

you can buy it at some autopart stores or order it online like i did from here:

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?8740

you can read about it on the manufactureres web site here:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/deepCreepConsumer.htm

if you can wait until the Dweb archives are back up you will be able to search foro and find a plethora of threads regarding deep creep.

hope this helps.

J

Josh

i used it, it worked for me made engine idle smoother for a while atleast. id use it agian.

S

Sergei

Didnt do squat to mine.

Then i went for motor vac with B&G - and what a difference it was.. Tad pricier but well worth it.

Alexa

Possible Seafoam mishap!

Looking at your picture I think I put the seafoam in the wrong place! I read that the place you put it in for your valves is on the passenger side next to the plenum or what ever its called, so I lifted out this little plastic doodad and poured the stuff in. I did not get any smoke but I do have a lovely service engine light. accck.any help?

S

scyoung

Seafoam did a fantastic job of getting rid of the ticking and rough idle on my 95. My CE lamp came on about two weeks later, so the claim that it is O2 sensor safe might not be completely true.

C

campbell

Alexa-
Do you have a D1 or D2? On a D2 you do take the hose that goes into the valve cover off and pour the Sea Foam there. This is on the passenger side. On a D1 it is as shown above.

D

dent

geezz your engine looks clean... wish mine looked that clean but it prollly would if i cleaned.. speaking of which.. did you clean it as there's not *normal* oil crap around ...

montanablur

Aug 29, 2004
planes, trains and automobiles
Just started my Disco for the first time in 3 or 4 months and there is a distinct tapping, valves maybe?... I want to blow some Sea foam through it before I take it into the mechanic... can anyone direct me towards a step by step... How much to use, ritual afterwards, signs to look for to panic... You know...

And yes I did search this thread is coming back from the dead!

B

barefoot

damn this one is from waaaay back!

with the engine running, slowly pour it into the plenum via the hose pictured above....making sure not to pour it into the valve cover or crank case.

i like to pour it just fast enough so that you can hear and feel the engine labor a little with it

keep pouring until lots of smoke start coming out of the tailpipe...or like most d1's...from the y-pipe manifold junction.

then pour a crap load in all at once and kill the engine.

let it sit a while (i usually just go 15 min or so) and soak up the love

start the car and rev @ about 2500 rpm's until no more smoke comes out the rear.

repeat until no smoke...

this is just the way i do it.....so dont come crying to me when the check engine light comes on!

D

disco4x4

could somebody please tell me where this hose to the plenum is...i can't see the pic on my computer...thanks