Y'all in Kansas must be so proud....

apg

Dec 28, 2004
East Virginia
WASHINGTON ? US Senator Sam Brownback today introduced the Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009.

?This legislation works to ensure that our society recognizes the dignity and sacredness of human life,? said Brownback. ?Creating human-animal hybrids, which permanently alter the genetic makeup of an organism, will challenge the very definition of what it means to be human and is a violation of human dignity and a grave injustice.?

The Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act would ban the creation of human-animal hybrids. Human-animal hybrids are defined as those part-human, part-animal creatures, which are created in laboratories, and blur the line between species. The bill is modest in scope and only affects efforts to blur the genetic lines between animals and humans. It does not preclude the use of animals or humans in legitimate research or health care where genetic material is not passed on to future generations, such as the use of a porcine heart valve in a human patient or the use of a lab rat with human diseases to develop treatments.

?I am optimistic that our nation we will make a sound choice for the generations to come. Already, in Louisiana last month, Governor Jindal signed legislation into law that would prohibit the creation of human-animal hybrids. That law is modeled after earlier versions of the legislation that we introduce today.?

The following senators are orginal co-sponsors: Senators Sam Brownback (R-KS), Jim Bunning (R-KY), Richard Burr (R-NC), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Tom Coburn (R-OK), Bob Corker (R-TN), John Cornyn (R-TX), Jim DeMint (R-SC), John Ensign (R-NV), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), James Inhofe (R-OK), Mike Johanns (R-NE), Jon Kyl (R-AZ), Mel Martinez (R-FL), John McCain (R-AZ), James Risch (R-ID), John Thune (R-SD), David Vitter (R-LA), George Voinovich (R-OH), and Roger Wicker (R-MS).

:rolleyes: I guess these guys are afraid of minotaurs, mermaids and centaurs - and by that, I don't mean the Land-Rover tracked 130" variant.

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
Truly idiotic. Wait 'til I tell monkey boy and squid girl I have to move them to Mexico.
The bad part is, this is really important to these morons, and we vote for them.

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
Truly idiotic is an understatement. I think they've been watching science fictions movies and think they're documentaries.

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
We must remember, this is Kansas.
The "Island of Dr. Moreau" was not a biography.
What's the deal with the bible belt and idiot republicans? Did God say check your brains at the church door?

Mike_Rupp

Mar 26, 2004
Mercer Island, WA
This is evidence that the Republican party still has its head up its ass. Barry's approval numbers are dropping like a rock because of his out of control spending and this is what the Republicans spend their time on?

BlackHSE

Oct 25, 2006
CT
This is sad news. If there is one thing I wanted in this life it was to see a living, breathing centaur.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
I was hoping for human/chimp hybrids to replace mexicans as a cheap labor pool so that we wouldn't have to listen to that damn mariachi music anymore down here. Thanks a pantload Senator Brownback...

rcshauger

Dec 29, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
They did not say anything about outlawing half human/half plant creatures! There is a reason for that... GW: Is he a fruit, or a vegetable?

Attachments

• george-bush_1239113c.jpg
    george-bush_1239113c.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
Blue said:
I was hoping for human/chimp hybrids to replace mexicans as a cheap labor pool so that we wouldn't have to listen to that damn mariachi music anymore down here. Thanks a pantload Senator Brownback...

ah.. big hat music.... the scourge of drivers all across the southwest.

If we did have human/chimp clones, they'd over run us like the mexicans!