Use of regular gasoline in place of premium?

Leslie

Apr 28, 2004
Kingsport TN
Jim,

Your '95 is a 3.9 OBD-I with the distributor, and, you're running at higher altitude. Both make a difference.

FWIW....

-L

C

cmondieyoung

Er, I'm not sure what I meant with my previous post..

..ignore it.. :confused:

P

pperelman

What's up with valves in Disco?

Why is it so important to do valve job on D1?
Is it a design or just something tha thas been overlooked by LR engineers?
I dont' have D1, I have though about it for a while. Just want to know a bit more about British cars...
Thanx to all who replied! :D

D

Discobro

Leslie said:
Prior to '99, the SD was usually the stripped-down base model. Since they were transitioning to the new style and had a lot of the extra stuff to get rid of since it wouldn't work on the D2, the '99 SD usually has a lot more features than previous SD models. Usually has leather instead of cloth, most have heated seats. (However, I have noticed that a lot of the '99SD Rovers didn't come with sunroofs from the factory.)
-L

Interesting... My 96 SD has leather and a front sun roof but not heated seats. ??? I actually think the sunroof was installed at the dealership because of a sticker I found on the inside of the center console about the sunroof with a later manufacture date. Doesn't seem to be much consistency with the production lines year to year does there?

On the fuel issue: I usually put premium in, but recently put in mid grade and noticed a HP increase. That would probably be due to the predetonation you were talking about Leslie. It really is a noticeable difference. I would have thought the opposite would be true. Anyway, I will stick to premium just for the fact that carbon does build up faster on valves with less octane as the higher the octane the cleaner burning the fuel.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Les. ;)

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
Discobro said:
Interesting... My 96 SD has leather and a front sun roof but not heated seats. ??? I actually think the sunroof was installed at the dealership because of a sticker I found on the inside of the center console about the sunroof with a later manufacture date. Doesn't seem to be much consistency with the production lines year to year does there?

Yeah, I have a SD also which the dealer put a front sunroof and a 6-disc cd changer in it. I believe LR only ships with 2 sunroofs.. anyways, from what I've experienced with a D1 and factory sunroofs, I prefer this one.. has yet to leak, and it closes as soon as I turn off the car key (unless I intervene) so I don't have to worry about leaving it open in a rain storm :D