It's a Disovery, Dammit !

Tom in MD

Apr 20, 2004
Sarasota, USA
It's a Discovery, Dammit !

:eek: At least the driver was OK, but it would be nice if the general populace could tell the difference between Discos and Rangies.
-------
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004
1027 hrs. - Inc. #200405904

Units from Leesburg Fire (Rescue Engine 1, Command 1), Loudoun Rescue
(RS13 & M13-4), BC2 (Capt. Byrnes), Chief Griffin, Asst. Chief Jack
Brown, and Safety 601 (Capt. Swarthout) responded to this crash on the
Leesburg Bypass westbound, just west of South King Street. This Range
Rover rolled numerous times after swerving to miss a station wagon that
was slowing to use the emergency turnaround. The driver ended up in the
passenger seat, trapped but not pinned. Leesburg Chief 1 (Whetsell)
established "Bypass Command" while Rescue Engine 1's crew extricated the
patent. The male driver was transported to Loudoun Hospital-Cornwall
campus via Medic 13-4.

Attachments

• Bypass crash 001.jpg
    Bypass crash 001.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 475
  • Bypass crash 002.jpg
    Bypass crash 002.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 369
  • Bypass crash 003.jpg
    Bypass crash 003.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

Landrovernick

Apr 21, 2004
Las Vegas
Its also nice to see that the roof didnt collapse. For rolling over a few times thats in surprisingly good condtion. At least we didnt have to hear about the "safety" of SUV's and their rollover capabilities. By the way how fast would you have to have been going in order to do something like that. I would imagine trying evasive manouvers driving it like a compact car might throw it off balance but I couldnt imagine actually rolling it. I have been in situations that I needed to swerve out of the way and my rover is still in one piece.

F

Falconx84

I dunno if u guys remember or not -- my bumper was screwed when some old lady hit me. I took it to get a quote on fixing it and it was in the computer as a "range rover discovery" The guy also told me I didn't have chrome bumpers, since it was a special package only on certain 98 d1s..... dumbass... If you can't tell the difference between chrome and black.....

F

flippedrover

Landrovernick said:
Its also nice to see that the roof didnt collapse. For rolling over a few times thats in surprisingly good condtion. At least we didnt have to hear about the "safety" of SUV's and their rollover capabilities. By the way how fast would you have to have been going in order to do something like that. I would imagine trying evasive manouvers driving it like a compact car might throw it off balance but I couldnt imagine actually rolling it. I have been in situations that I needed to swerve out of the way and my rover is still in one piece.
I drive through there a couple times a day and speeds at that hour are typicaly 65-75mph.