Who offers an aftermarket fuel pump....

E

Ex CCS Racer

....for a '96 SE-7....mine went to lunch today stupid POS. :D Any options besides OEM?

E

Ex CCS Racer

Btw, called NAPA, Carquest, and Autozone with no luck. Apparently OEM offers 3 different ones depending if it's original or not.

E

Ex CCS Racer

Chris Browne said:
8 years old and you call it a POS????

Hence the big grin. I'm not sure if it's the original or not. The CD changer is :eek:

Roverjoe

Jul 20, 2004
Columbus, Ohio (for now)
If you do a search I believe that you will find that a pump from a 94 Mazda truck will cross reference with the LR part. Also, I know that you can buy a genuine from Roverconnection and several other sources for $175.00....if you may want to go genuine....

E

Ex CCS Racer

The cross reference says the A/C Delco part # is EP-241 GMC. That's GM part # 25116163 for those who care. $69.55. Got one on the way so hope it works. :D

E

Ex CCS Racer

Will do. Hopefull I'll know by the end of tomorrow.
thumbsup.gif

E

Ex CCS Racer

Well I had my hopes up for a drop in pump but nope. You get a pump, wiring, some connectors, and destructions. I'll be rebuilding tonight so we'll see how it goes.

E

Ex CCS Racer

It's good. GM part # 25116163 will work. $64.23. It's the pump inards. Comes with the pump itself, various electrical connector that you may or may not use, a couple of o-rings, hose clamps, etc... I only used the pump itself, a new connector, and 2 wires.
thumbsup.gif

El_Cid_2000

Jul 9, 2004
Charleston, South Carolina
Could you please post into the tech. section what you had to do to make this swap. I assume it wasn't a straight trade out. I might be passing through Columbia this Friday or Sunday, maybe I could catch up with you somewhere and check it out.

Michael

E

Ex CCS Racer

No problem. You're basically replacing the actual pump itself, a connector, and 2 wires. The Delco is a multi-application(is that a word?) pump so it comes with all kinds of other wires, gaskets, and assorted wires for different types of in tank pumps. I'll type up something for step by step installation here sometime today.

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Ex CCS Racer said:
....for a '96 SE-7....mine went to lunch today stupid POS. :D Any options besides OEM?

Rovers North lists the D1 fuel pump as:
Fuel Pump, Discovery Series I (up to VA714241)
Fuel Pump, Discovery Series I (from VA714242)

Which is your '96? I'm wondering if the pump kit you bought will work for my '95.

antichrist said:
Rovers North lists the D1 fuel pump as:
Fuel Pump, Discovery Series I (up to VA714241)
Fuel Pump, Discovery Series I (from VA714242)

Which is your '96? I'm wondering if the pump kit you bought will work for my '95.

The main difference is GEMS vs. Lucas, and then, if GEMS, AEL or not. In all cases, the same pump will work fine as the differences are in the assembly, level sender, vents, etc. not the pump/motor.