hollister this weekend?

verboy

May 13, 2004
I would love to go either this or next weekend, that's if you don't mind going with a newbie. Only been there once on mostly easy trail. I was going to ask if anyone wants to go with me (so I don't do stupid tricks)

It depends if the DV will arrive this friday or not. Would like to take some video.
---Charlie cfok@earthlink.net

S

Snwbord24

What day are you going? I could maybe do Sunday. Saturday is possible but not likely since I don't know when I'm getting back into town.

Shane

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
If you are headed in on Saturday, count me in. When you thinking about hitting the trail? Let me know times and I'll meet you at Hollister. :D

ChrisR

Jun 17, 2004
Are we talking this Saturday 6/19? Where would the meeting point be and what time?

I just put in a new T-case with a 3,000 mile warranty and want to try it out.

Chris
(SF East Bay)

jmonsrvr

Apr 20, 2004
montara, ca & newport beach, ca
im not sure...i wanted to get dinner at this place in morgan hill on the way back up..its great mexican food.

anyway so im thinking in the afternoon sometime.. let me know what you guys want to do time wise and we will go from there. im pretty flexible unless the swell is on in the morning...

yes this weekend 6/19

we could meet at the big main mud bog. the big pit when you first come in. not the long mud trench in the 4x4 course. if you have been there you know what im talking about.

cheers all. i

ChrisR

Jun 17, 2004
I like the Mexican food part :)

Our respective skill levels probably vary. I've only been on some of the "green" (easy)areas there, and more of the same would be fine with me. I'd rather not take on anything too advanced, particularly if I have to bring the family along for a ride.

Chris

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
I am an advocate going in the morning myself, but I am easy (as my wife always tells me). I live pretty close to Hollister, so I will meet you guys there when you figure out the times. Looking forward to playing with my newly discovered CDL (still doing the manual bit until I get the D1 linkage) on my 99 DII.

Chris, Hollister is going to be pretty easy this time of year (dry, no mud) so I wouldn't be too worried.

See you guys there
Rob

GotRovr

Jun 16, 2004
Count me in this Saturday 6/19

Anyone have suggestions for gathering place and time. 10:00AM is go for me

There is a shopping center complex at corner of Hi way 25 and Southside Road
N36 50.3
W121 23.5

Chevron across the street from complex

Will

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
10:00 sounds good to me. I will meet you guys up at Hollister. I have been to Hollister several times, but I am not sure what you mean by the main bog pit. I will probably just get there a little early and catch the group at the gate as they go up. See you guys there. BTW, there will probably not be any mud up there this weekend due to lack of moisture.
Rob

jmonsrvr

Apr 20, 2004
montara, ca & newport beach, ca
everyone...i will not be able to go this sat...i had a death in the family

so that sucks! the death and no wheeling! i most likely will go next sat if anyone is interested. sorry i wish i could go, but i have to tend to family matters.

have a killer time

cheers

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
jmonsrvr: my condolences. I will be out of town next weekend. Maybe next time.

To the rest: I am still interested for this Saturday if there is general interest in going. Let me know.

ChrisR

Jun 17, 2004
jmonsrvr, sorry to hear about the family situation. I am bummed I did not get to go as I really wanted to, but by noon Friday the T-case was not ready (nor had the car been road tested) :(

I was not able to get on Dweb all weekend. I know the server is up and down periodically, but did anyone else have this problem?

I will make it to another gathering, hopefully in the not too distant future. Anyone take pics?

mikem

Apr 19, 2004
Superior, CO
Hollister again

Condolences, Eduardo.

I will be going to Hollister this Saturday (6/26).

I expect to be there around 10 am.

More details will be posted on the norcalrovers yahoo group.

Mike

Last edited:

GotRovr

Jun 16, 2004
Here's a photo oops.

Attachments

• HollisterHills_2004-06_9.jpg
    HollisterHills_2004-06_9.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 51

stansell

Jun 14, 2004
Norfolk, VA
That was a fun run. Hope to get more people next time. Clear Creek is also a pretty fun time.

Chris, I am pretty sure the whole site was down last weekend. I wasn't able to get on either, which made me a little nervous, not knowing if anyone else was going to show up to Hollister.