Thermostat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

DMB Rover

:mad: Where the F**K is the thermostat on my 90 RR County. I need to replace it. Is is near the distributor? How do you take it apart? Thanks

Pugsly

Banned
Apr 20, 2004
www.roverautomotive.com
Trey & Melissa Burns said:
There are 2 13mm. bolts that hold the housing in place - remove them- thermostat housing will come off.

i find it easy to take off but a surprising pain to put back together (getting the housing, gasket, and thermostat to line up with the bolt holes). any hints?

Pugsly

Banned
Apr 20, 2004
www.roverautomotive.com
scrover said:
Park on a hill :) (facing up)

That's actually the way I've done it - was flushing the block, and the best way to get it to drain completely is to park on a pretty steep slope. Finding the drain plugs in the block were a real pain the first time but now it's pretty easy.

Trey & Melissa Burns

Apr 20, 2004
Texas
discoweb.org
<Sure is dirty under the hood Trey.>
draaronr - I like "it" dirty! :D Seriously, I use my truck so much off road I really do not make the proper time to clean under the hood.

<i find it easy to take off but a surprising pain to put back together (getting the housing, gasket, and thermostat to line up with the bolt holes). any hints?>
Pugsly- get Right Stuff gasket maker - put a dab on the corner of the thermostat & gasket so it will hold in place while you line up the thermost housing.