new BBS and DNS change

Ray Wallace

Apr 19, 2004
Northern California
Hi Ho, Axel, and ?

I think this is going to work just fine after we all learn how to drive it, use all of its neat new capabilities, and get the archives accessible. Thanks guys!

JeffM

Apr 20, 2004
New Hampshire
I've been logging in and out today - great job to all those involved. The site got a few compliments from non rover folks at work as well

Jeff

G

Gabe

Great job with the new BBS. Looks great and seems more user friendly. I don't contribute very often to the bbs but I do read through most tech and general subjects daily. Life just was not the same with out it. Great to be back.

GG

K

Kyle

The site is going to be slow. And its going to be up and down. It hasnt reached its final resting place and is more of a Beta right now then anything else. When I transfer it over to the box its going to end up on all of your user info should carry over from this one.

Kyle

nickb857

Apr 21, 2004
Las Vegas
This site is awsome i like it a lot and will like it even more when i figure out how to use it. That User CP is awsome though.

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
Snwbord24 said:
I like the new format, however:
1) The "remember me" doesn't seem to be working. I logged in and edited some things in my profile and just now when I went to post this I had to log in again. I didn't even leave the site inbetween.
2) I tried uploading a pic for my profile and it says it was too big. The page where you attach your image says it must be less than 320x240 or 161.7KB (whichever is smaller). I tried to upload a 640x480 70.5KB pic and it said too big and that it must be less than 320x480. Which is it? This is the same pic I had before.
3) Man is this new format slow. I'll try removing the avatars I guess (which I already did earlier but it didn't seem to remember I did that), but it seems like there are so many little icons in this new format to download and show that it's slower now.

Anyone know of a good program to edit my pics and make them smaller?

1. It's not the site, it's the security settings in your browser. You need to allow cookies from this site for the "remember me" feature to work. If you don't know how, RTFM.

2. 640x480 is larger that 320x240. Do the math. Whatever worked on Discus is irrelevant. This is Vbulletin, not Discus.

3. The site will be slow while it is on this temporary box and location. There will also be occasional outages and another DNS change before this move is completed. You'll have to live with it for now.

S

Snwbord24

Axel said:
1. It's not the site, it's the security settings in your browser. You need to allow cookies from this site for the "remember me" feature to work. If you don't know how, RTFM.

2. 640x480 is larger that 320x240. Do the math. Whatever worked on Discus is irrelevant. This is Vbulletin, not Discus.

3. The site will be slow while it is on this temporary box and location. There will also be occasional outages and another DNS change before this move is completed. You'll have to live with it for now.

1. Fixed and works now.

2. "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 320 by 240 pixels or 161.7 KB (whichever is smaller)." This is what it says on the upload page. The image I tried to upload was 70.5 KB. 70.5 is less than 161.7. Do the math.

3. Not a problem, good luck getting all this figured out. The new format is great.

draaronr

Apr 20, 2004
wilmington, nc
Hot damn finally got in to make my virgin post. Can't wait to see everyone at Uwharrie this weekend. How do you get Avatars or not? I had them, but now I turned all m security off and they are gone? How do I edit my profile?

simon

Apr 22, 2004
Miami
Congrats on the new BBS.. much faster than before!

for avatars you need to go to edit your profile and click on edit avatars

Simon.

S

Snwbord24

Koby, I guess you're right but it should be more clear in that. The "whichever is smaller" is what threw me.