New Meats.....

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia
These are no Boggers, but I bet they will throw some serious amounts of mud! These really remind me of Krawlers and Daniel can tell you those did great in MAR mud last year...

maxyedor

May 9, 2006
Roxtar said:
Grey area.
There's no law against beadlocks, however, no beadlock manufacturer pays for DOT certification.
They're not illegal, just not DOT certified.
Same issue with motocycles. Do you think Jesse James' wheels go through DOT certification every time he makes a new one-off custom design?
That doesn't make them illegal.

Yep, the DOT approval proccess is mainly checking for the accuracy in sizing specs and that the wheels has the correct info stamped on there somewhere. DOT approval has almost nothing to do with safety, but is void any time you modify the rim, so painting/powdercoating, rock-rings, beadlocks, chroming ect. are all technicaly illeagle, it's just harder to prove a wheel was painted than that it has beadlocks so you don't hear about it.

I need to order up some 15" wheels and a beadlock kit and some Maxxis Creepy Crawlers and I'll be in like flyn.:drool:

maxyedor

May 9, 2006
Wich vendor did you use? I want to make sure I get the kind that fit just inside the lip of the rim, not on-top of the lip. I also need to check and see if there's enough clearence to run a dual beadlock on the backside of the rim, somehow I doubt it, but that would be pretty slick.