cargo door hinge replacement?

darw_n

Jul 19, 2004
breckenridge, colorado
somehow, i managed to either bend or break the rear hinge on my 2000 D2 rear cargo door, now i have to lift it up to close it, and its still banging when I do it.

is the hinge itself replacable? or is it a welded item on the door?

thanks!

darw_n

Jul 19, 2004
breckenridge, colorado
pretty sure, when the door is open, you can clearly see the bottom hinge is not aligned at all, as if the center pin has bent or snapped, I will double check the mounts though

jeff

Mar 25, 2005
Seattle
the po had the hinges changed on our DII, i had to realign after buying it. Does not look like it was hard to do but make sure you have help with the door it is very heavy.
Get your factory paint before so you can shoot the hinges before install. The rave cd has some info on door removal/install/adjust
j

lordkenyon

Oct 24, 2005
A
I got used set already painted from the place in FL for my DII. Can't remember the name, but it's easily enough found.

The bottom hinge has a rivet you have to drill out then replace with a large screw or find some other way to fasten back on. Top one is just bolt on. Also watch the washer hose line in behind when you reattach. I pinched mine at first in the hinge and didn't realise it until I went to use the rear squirter. Had to rip back apart and fix. D'oh.

D

DiscoIan98

Where can you get rear door hinges, I have the same problem.