Decade of Discovery badges....

dormobiledisco

Nov 26, 2004
New Jersey
www.GregFitzgerald.net
Hello! I am a new member to Discoweb. Also, I'm probably one of your youngest members, at 14. My family owns two Discos, a '94 and an '01, though next month we are turning the latter back in on the lease and are probably not getting a new one. Test drove the LR3, nice car, but too many electronics to fail. The dealer won't give us a good enough quote on the '04 Discos, especially considering that they kinda need to get rid of them soon. We are considering a Yukon, simply because we need more space than a Rover can provide. This is disheartening a bit, but I will say that going from NJ to the Outer Banks in NC will be a lot easier with actual rear legroom.

In a couple years, I'm going to be driving the '94. I'm starting to amass a collection of cool badges and stickers to add on when it's mine, such as the 50th Anniversary badge. One thing I had liked about getting an '04 Disco is being able to get the Decade of Discovery badge. I see from Ho's avatar that it looks similar to my 50th Anniversary badge. I'd love to be able to obtain one of these badges, especially because the '94 was the beginning of the greatest decade in Rover history.

Does anyone know of a way that I could obtain a Decade badge? I know that they only have 2,500 of them. I looked for them on the dealer lot, but they didn't have any on the cars. They said that they just got a box, and they slap them on each of the cars. Might they be able to give me one of these, or will I have to find another way?

Any help is much appreciated. I am looking forward to joining this forum. I have been lurking for the past few months, and it looks like a good place for any help I might need. :)

96DiscoSE7

Sep 21, 2004
Somersworth NH
Welcome!!!!! , as you know you will find all that you need here.....
I think your best bet is the dealer for the badge, just hound them a bit, if you get an extra you can send one my way :D - Andy

M

Muskydisco

96DiscoSE7 said:
Welcome!!!!! , as you know you will find all that you need here.....
I think your best bet is the dealer for the badge, just hound them a bit, if you get an extra you can send one my way :D - Andy

Now you think they will just give him one? Remember everything at the dealership is actual price plus a 50% mark up I bet. And you get nothing free there....

S

Sirfoss

I was

Muskydisco said:
shouldn't it say 10 years of NAS Discovery's?

I was going to say the same thing....Disco's came out in 89 maybe it should be decade and a half.
Mike :eek:

M

Muskydisco

Which is odd, didn't they have a 30 years of range rover one?

antichrist

Sep 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Errant said:
They show up on eBay... here's one!.

I've been trying to find a 50th Anniversary badge or decal for my '98... if anyone has an extra :)

I have a 50th Anniverary lapel pin, and t-shirt....but I ain't selling. nyah nyah nyah :D

Errant

Oct 1, 2004
Southern California
antichrist said:
I have a 50th Anniverary lapel pin, and t-shirt....but I ain't selling. nyah nyah nyah :D

But you don't have a 50th Anniversary Rover! That's not fair, you should have to give me all your stuff, Tom. :D

S

syoung

went by the dealer and got my "decade" badge... YIKES it is HUGE! It won't even fit on the truck!

Only one guy in the parts department knew what they were for... sales dudes never heard of 'em.

clayatem

Oct 21, 2004
Katy Tx
The dealer told me to take the discovery off the back door and put it
there ,but I put on the orther side of the tire. :D
I like the disco littering.

S

syoung

I figure some dick will pry it off with a screwdriver, so now I'm not sure if I'll install it. I think I'm going to scan it and make a decal version that is smaller.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
Here's the one from the ebay auction already scanned it.. let me know if you end up making decals, i might want one! Also, if you need any help vectorizing it or anything, let me know!

dec0.jpg

dec6.jpg

S

syoung

I'm not great with graphics work, but I think I have to convert it to a format that will work with a plotter. The Roland uses .stx format, but I think it also supports some other formats. I'll tinker with it.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
Okay cool, let me know.. I'm a web designer [with a graphic design degree].. so I can do the graphics work for you.. I'm sure the best quality will come if I do it in Illustrator.. we just have to find out if its compatible between your plotter.

S

syoung

Ryan-
Here's what the destructions say about importing images-
*You can copy data created with software such as CorelDRAW! that uses vector data, and paste the data into Dr. STIKA PLUS using the clipboard. The data pasted in can then be edited just like any ordinary object.
Conditions for data that can be pasted
- Don't include bitmap data
- Don't fill or apply shading inside shapes
- Set line width to the finest (narrowest) available setting

The most important things are no shading and thin lines, since all the plotter will do is cut on the lines.

If you can hook me with a workable version, I'll hook you with free decals.

Last edited:

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
Nice, yeah that should be no problem.. I'll try to get it done by the weekend for you.. if it ends up working well maybe we can work some other ones up.

Do you happen to have Adobe Illustrator (or Corel, or even Photoshop) installed on the computer with Dr. STIKA PLUS on it?