Mounting Hi Lift Jack

W

wei

Yakima makes one too. But it's a little pricey. Go to their site, it's under Products, Gear Basket Accessories.

F18Guy

Mar 30, 2004
Down by the big rock
Email Kyle Van Tassel (moderator) for what in my opinion is the best working mounts out there. I owned a set of his before. I am now kicking myself in the ass for ordering the Trek Outfitters version.

#1 KVT's set works great, is small, and mounts easily.

#2 TO's set is nice, but is not small causing your jack to be mounted farther away from the rack.

2 cents from a user.

LiveAtTheEdge

Apr 19, 2004
Lafayette, NorCal
it seemed like the best option for me, i don't like them mounted on the rear wheel or front bumper, and i certainly don't have any room for it inside. I'll get in contact with Kyle.

Cheers

Jack

B

billmallin

You stick that heavy bastard on the top of your rig, you'll drop it on your head trying to get it down. Not to mention all that weight up there.

I've seen folks mount it on the outside of their racks as well...
.... that jack grabs all sorts of trees. I've seen some racks get fucked up because the hi-lift got hung up on a limb and nearly ripped off the rack. If you must put it up there... put it on the inside of the rack.

These are nice: https://www.expeditionexchange.com/roversolutions/

But, I like it mounted on the front bumper best: http://www.houstonlandroverclub.com/images/hi_lift_mount/index.html
Put it on when you go off-roading... it's easy to get on and off... take it off and put it back in the garage when you get home. Done. Easy. Convenient.

My $0.03.

Last edited:

Surgeoh

Oct 23, 2004
Houston, Tx
Or you could always just leave it at home and go wheelin with someone that has it mounted on their ft bumper... that's what I would do. :D :D

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Anywhere is fine,

But stay away from Safarigard. The jack is heavy, yes. If you, however, have even an ounce of strength in you, you can take it down from a rack. The only problem I ever run into is I am short. That's fine, though, because I hate my damn jack. I'd rather be stuck and camp out for a while than even look at that thing. From what I have seen of Rover Solutions, the quality is worth it. Just stay away from Safari Gard.

Cheers,

Kennith