EBC Brakes

El_Cid_2000

Jul 9, 2004
Charleston, South Carolina
I've looked through the old posts and such but I can't really find what I'm looking for. Do any of you have any long term thoughts (pro/con) on this set up? I need both new brakes and something to do this weekend so fire away any opinions you've got.

Thanks,
Michael
1972 SIII (Rita)
1997 Disco S1 (Sally)

Steve

Apr 20, 2004
Eastern Shore of MD
I've got the EBC rotors and Green pads on the front of my '99 D1. I love them and will never go back to OEM. Better braking compared to new rotors and brakes (OEM) on my '96. No more squealing either.

JWilliams

Apr 20, 2004
Northern Kentucky
DII with EBC all around...

Not hard to do. I needed everything replaced and bought green stuff pads and their slotted rotors. Very impressed so far.

LostInBoston

Banned
Apr 19, 2004
Wandering aimlessly
Steve said:
I've got the EBC rotors and Green pads on the front of my '99 D1. I love them and will never go back to OEM. Better braking compared to new rotors and brakes (OEM) on my '96. No more squealing either.

only on the front?
i out EBC on the front of mine becasue the rears were on back order for 6 months (lotsa people replacing rear rotors!?!) i didnt notice much difference. when the rears finally came in, i noticed a HUGE difference. my brake system isnt exactly working perfectly, so maybe thats why i only noticed when the rears were done, but i think a lot of people have problem with rears, at least on a D2, and i would recommend puting them on the rears.

P

PHARAOHDISCO

I have DBA rotors front and rear which I bought from EE. They are excellent and braking became more comfortable. I was impressed by the improvement from the original LR rotors.

P

PHARAOHDISCO

By the way, the DBA rotors are slotted and crossdrilled.

P

Panama Disco

PHARAOHDISCO,

which pads do you have Front/rear?
Peter

D

Disco Mike

If you really want to stop a set of DBA's put on a set of kevlar pads from Atlantic British, they are much faster stoping then DBA;s and factory pads.
Mike J.

P

Panama Disco

EBC's Rotors or DBA's Rotors??
Which pats??

For 99 Disco II

Peter

C

campbell

Don't the slotted/drilled rotors eat the pads a lot quicker? I am trying to decide on a set-up for my 99 D2 also. I have heard that you can go to a MY03 caliper and really get rid of the double pump problem. I thought about trying this along with new pads and rotors.

Ross_Thoma

Apr 25, 2004
Interlochen, Michigan
I have these front and rear with my origional rotors I like them alot, BIG difference especially with ETC, no black crap and they grab like ten from the get go. Some of the HI-Tech pads work best at high temp and therefore the initial "bite" is not as good. Also they are qite soft and will ware instead of the rotors wearing. With these pads heat is less of a problem and so vented rotords are not needed but they do clear mud and sand out of the pads better.

My 2 cents

Ross Thoma

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?make=EBC&model=6000+Series+Truck/SUV+Pads

Last edited:
P

PHARAOHDISCO

Before I installed the crossdrilled and slotted DBA rotors, I had the original LR solid rotors. I was changing my front brake pads nearly every 6000 miles. Now I have more than 9000 miles on my front brake pads together with the DBA rotors and the pads are about half way through.

B

Black Dog

I spent the past several weeks shopping for rotors for my D2. DBA, EBC, Brembo, etc. Nobody, including all the places you guys suggested for me (thanks though), has any in stock and no one can get them any time soon (i.e. minimum 8 weeks) I finally settled for some unimpressive British ones on sale at AB. If you can find ANY quality front rotors for a D2 other than OEM please let me know. I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy going on. I think Jeep Corp. is buying up all our spare parts so that we all give up and start buying American.

NEVER! ;)

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 23, 2004
Red Sox Nation
Just did a quick look at Tire rack and their site claims ebc rotors and brakes are in stock for d2s. Assume 4x4 connection has also been checked

B

Black Dog

To paraphrase John Kerry, Tire Rack "continue to be less than candid with the American people." I ordered rotors from the Tire Rack thinking they were in stock as their site said they were. Tire Rack then they called me and said they don't REALLY have them in stock. Would I "mind waiting 8-12 weeks?" I cancelled the order. I didn't try 4x4 Connection though. Thanks again guys.