G4 Challenge

rmarti

Mar 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA (for now)
Over the past year I've really been thinking about applying for the G4 Challenge and how that would be the icing on the cake because I love LR's and I love outdoor events.

Has anyone applied or know of anyone who has, and if so what was your or their experience with qualifing to compete?

I may not apply anytime soon but I would like to before I get too old.

What do you think are the pre-requisites for even applying, because I can start working on them as soon as possible.

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
rmarti said:
Over the past year I've really been thinking about applying for the G4 Challenge and how that would be the icing on the cake because I love LR's and I love outdoor events.

Has anyone applied or know of anyone who has, and if so what was your or their experience with qualifing to compete?

I may not apply anytime soon but I would like to before I get too old.

What do you think are the pre-requisites for even applying, because I can start working on them as soon as possible.

http://www.landroverg4challenge.com/default.asp?ru=/main/cms/cmRender.asp?i=43

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Adventures/G4_Challenge/G4_Overview.htm

I say GO FOR IT! Being in the Navy I am sure you are in superb shape. You just need to be able to take I think about 30 or maybe 60 days off from work.. :D

Michael and I have talked about doing it when he gets back from Afghanistan.

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
Sharperover said:
Mel, can we drop the Hillary '08? :D

No!

I really think the G4 Challenge would be a true experience...and YOU WIN A RR!

Push yourself to the limit physically and mentally.

rmarti

Mar 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA (for now)
RoverChic said:
http://www.landroverg4challenge.com/default.asp?ru=/main/cms/cmRender.asp?i=43

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Adventures/G4_Challenge/G4_Overview.htm

I say GO FOR IT! Being in the Navy I am sure you are in superb shape. You just need to be able to take I think about 30 or maybe 60 days off from work.. :D

Michael and I have talked about doing it when he gets back from Afghanistan.

Yeah, well you know, I hate to toot my own horn, but I am in real good shape :p . Thanks for mentioning, hehehe.

Yeah I only think it would be fitting that LR lovers should do this event and not just anybody. I haven't looked at the application yet, but will do.

I wonder if should be an avid rope climber and river kayaker before I put in my app.?

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
rmarti said:
Really, you do win a RR? WOW, and not to mention a G4 t-shirt. It's all about the t-shirt, I always say.

Yes, you win a RR (or maybe cash- Will have to look at the app again). You do need an International DL (which you might have already - Most Military do), a good driving record, and of course the physical ability.

rmuller

Apr 28, 2004
Northern NJ
www.njlr.org
I heard it before, but I can't remember the reasoning but I just noticed this:

The following nations will be represented during the 2006 Land Rover G4 Challenge:

Argentina, Australia, Belgium & Luxembourg, Brazil, Chile & Costa Rica, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey and the United Kingdom

No US listed...

rmarti

Mar 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA (for now)
RoverChic said:
Yes, you win a RR (or maybe cash- Will have to look at the app again). You do need an International DL (which you might have already - Most Military do), a good driving record, and of course the physical ability.

Cool thanks, yeah I think I can handle it ;) .

RoverChic

Apr 19, 2004
den Haag
KEJ said:
Roverchic, you've been hacked! The boyz stole your sig line :D

KJ

LOL! Thanks now all I need is your crack pipe and this thread will be complete! ;)

Andrew this thread is about RMarti and his desire to be in the G4 Challenge..Let us stay on topic!

rmarti

Mar 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA (for now)
RoverChic said:
LOL! Thanks now all I need is your crack pipe and this thread will be complete! ;)

Andrew this thread is about RMarti and his desire to be in the G4 Challenge..Let us stay on topic!

Karen, yeah you really need to stop that crack stuff ;) .

So anymore G4 stuff? This is good.

rmarti

Mar 11, 2005
Seal Beach, CA (for now)
Sharperover said:
Okay. RMarti: why don't you take Hillary along with you, and hopefully by '08 she'll be so into Land Rovers she'll have no desire to run?

Backing away now, there's nothing to see here.

No comment. I could go totally sideways with this one, but "not gonna do it".

Hillary has caught my eye couple of times...NOPE Not gonna do it!!

K

KEJ

rmarti, think they'll take you for the G 4 when they see that glass eye you're showin' in your avatar? I dunno....you might want someone to take a look at that thing....

KJ :D

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
i dunno but in my opinion the G4 is extremely lame. this is due in part to what they have seemingly done since the Camel Trophy. and even the last few years of it were lame. i.e. mountain biking introduced and moving away from actually using the trucks!
i suppose it would be 'fun' and all that, but knowing what it was and what it could be has just taken all the true challange of the event away in my eyes.
get rid of the pansy ass Freelander, the blingness of it all and make it down and dirty like the early years and you have a challange that incorporates the soul of Land Rover. not just another off road event with weekend warriors in Dockers and orange LRs.