Rr07

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
john said:

I obviously don't know these people, but those are some Ghetto-fabulous pictures. And to think, I previously aspired to RR MKIII ownership!!

john said:
These shit-kicker dumb fucks don't even have an Engel. Oh the horror.

LOL!!
(Note to self, get an Engel before ever wheeling in the West. Oh, and before ever buying a newer RR!)

Last edited:

draaronr

Apr 20, 2004
wilmington, nc
Roverlady said:
I obviously don't know these people, but those are some Ghetto-fabulous pictures. And to think, I previously aspired to RR MKIII ownership!!

LOL!!
(Note to self, get an Engel before ever wheeling in the West. Oh, and before ever buying a newer RR!)

Damn Peanuts has a bod on her. :drool:

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
Wait, stop the press....I have found my absolute favorite picture from your RR07 event. Nothing can beat this. There can be no debate. It's just freaking awesome.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/rr7/rr7003 100.jpg

Can I have permission to save that one for my personal collection? I just love it!

For all the tough and serious guys...I guess the other shots of Rovers and rocks were cool too. I'll step out of this cat fight now. ;)

Last edited:

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
reelpain said:
In fact, It was OTHER poster's who referred to my profession and thinking that this matter is simply a cheap bastard complaining. I'll spell this out one more time for those who can't read; It was NOT about the darn raffle ticket's. It was about Nathan Woods "handling" of a situation. But thanks for your two cent's.
reelpain - you mentioned your profession and ability to handle gazillion patients in the first place. And your first post seemed to be more of raffle tickets and other goodies, hence my comments.

Nathan - that post report was pathetic.

GregH

Apr 24, 2004
p m said:
reelpain - you mentioned your profession and ability to handle gazillion patients in the first place. And your first post seemed to be more of raffle tickets and other goodies, hence my comments.

Nathan - that post report was pathetic.

Actually, Peter, he said he had "patients". He could be a physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, Physical Therapist, OTR, Speech Path, Hospital Administrator, Clinic Manager...

It shouldn't matter what his profession is.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
GregH said:
It shouldn't matter what his profession is.
It shouldn't - so there was no need to bring it up.
People who criticize the others' logistics and claim they could've done a better job - but haven't - don't get high fives from me. If you see something you don't like, and think you could've done it better, keep it to yourself and engage to make it better the next time.

I guess I should consider myself lucky - I haven't come across any deficiencies in the event, haven't come across anyone cranking up music and shooting tequila on the run, and only had a good time there.

RR is the only off-road event I've been going to in the recent years - I've been going to a lot more before 2000. All negative sides counted in, it is still light years ahead of EJS and the like.

Last edited:

thomaskimura

Aug 6, 2006
San Diego
Making this one even better, right before we ran into these guys on Sunday Jack picked up a very clean Bacardi Ice bottle... it went it with our trash.

john said:
Forget offline. Stuff like this should be public.

Ask anybody who was at Cottonwood on Saturday and he'll tell you the details.

Apparently, the morons even took pics of the drinking and posted them on the web:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/adspiker/Rover%20Rendezvous%207%20Death%20Valley/RR7CottonwoodSaturday030.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/adspiker/Rover%20Rendezvous%207%20Death%20Valley/RR7CottonwoodSaturday031.jpg

And no, the drinking was not limited to lunch. (Not that drinking during lunch is acceptable behavior.) And no, the drinking was not limited to beers either. There were tequila shots being passed around. These shit-kicker dumb fucks don't even have an Engel. Oh the horror.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
it has happened during any off-road event I know of.
Last RR I've been to (a couple of years back) I've been offered a bit more than just drinks - during the evening festivities, not on the run. Some odd guys out there.

Personally, I have no problems with alcohol on the trail - it is no different from the highway. People who can handle it on the road are unlikely to cause any problems on the trail. Loud music, however, would've been a clear signal that the inhabitants of that vehicle have impaired judgment.

reelpain

Apr 23, 2007
You guy's don't even know the half of it. I was on the Cottonwood run, The Rangie, stickered out LR3 and Sport where behind me on the trail. During thier drive they were drinking, smoking blairing the tunes. On every stop they had a bottle in thier hand. Our trail leader Read tried to explain "trail rules" to these folks to no avail. At one point the "bimbo" was hanging out the sunroof as her beau navigated the trail. (hanging out the drivers window too!) All the while the Sport was taking a picture to capture the "kodak Moment".
On the lunch stop, not even a shot glass in sight they decided to swill the tequilla like it was a bottle of Avian, and Listen to Rasta music. It wasn't until our way back they decided to explore and go on thier own, ridding us of there company. Read told them to check back in when they returned to camp.

Lucky me huh "PM". The "cheap bastard" get's to witness these knuckleheads, as well as get into it with Nathan. I think the wheeler's were from Scripps Ranch in San Diego. Again, the event was GREAT..Furthermore, I think if you were handled in that way by a club "officer" (Nathan Woods) you would have been pissed too! I actually joined SCLR just to wheel and attend this event. I guess I expected more integrity from a club "officer's" handling on the matter.

Last edited:

jimjet

Feb 22, 2005
L.I.N.Y./Daytona Beach Fl
I think some of you need to come back down to Earth.

Unless i cant see the sarcasm ,:)
they seem to be a nice couple enjoying a cold one while enjoying there beautiful surroundings.

No garbage No Ghetto
Not even Al Sharpton

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g...s 7 Death Valley/RR7CottonwoodSaturday030.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g...s 7 Death Valley/RR7CottonwoodSaturday031.jpg

Little did they know they would be tried , convicted , and hung by DWEB Snobs.

I hope Santa brings you all Jeeps For Christmas.:p

P.S. beautiful pictures by all.Very nice playground.

Last edited:

jimjet

Feb 22, 2005
Roverlady said:
Hey, I just figure it out....that's the photo album of the Offroving.com guy.

I still like the RRS though. ;)

LOL, look what else I found:
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g...ion=view&current=RR7CottonwoodSaturday011.jpg

Tell me what im missing in that picture

WALDO ------------ in there somewhere.

I see a group of friends having fun.

Explain?????????///

If they didnt harm anyone whats the big deal.

If shes hanging out the top she should have lifted her shirt and realy insulted you.

Jim

Last edited:

Roverlady

Apr 20, 2004
Shenandoah valley
jimjet said:
Tell me what im missing in that picture

WALDO ------------ in there somewhere.

I see a group of friends having fun.

Explain?????????///

Jim

It's the picture that illustrates the situation reelpain mentioned above. That's all Jim, calm down.

I wasn't there so I really can't comment. But I've seen some drinking and trail running and silliness at Rover events before. I've only seen one occasion of completely foolery and danger associated with those actions (guy who rolled his truck a few years ago). I've never seen people hanging out of windows while driving and usually when people are acting like idiots around a group of others on a trail, they are called out. I'm not saying that is what happened here, I'm just interjecting an opinion/observation related to drinking and the Land Rover events I have attended. Oh, and I've always been on private land for these events, if that makes a difference.

jimjet

Feb 22, 2005
Roverlady said:
It's the picture that illustrates the situation reelpain mentioned above. That's all Jim, calm down.

I wasn't there so I really can't comment. But I've seen some drinking and trail running and silliness at Rover events before. I've only seen one occasion of completely foolery and danger associated with those actions (guy who rolled his truck a few years ago). I've never seen people hanging out of windows while driving and usually when people are acting like idiots around a group of others on a trail, they are called out. I'm not saying that is what happened here, I'm just interjecting an opinion/observation related to drinking and the Land Rover events I have attended. Oh, and I've always been on private land for these events, if that makes a difference.

Ok
im ok
I think your discribing the Gang Mentality.people (friends) in a group who show no regard for those around them ,and anything goes.
Of course untill a bigger group comes along and shows them the way-------------------------------------OUT.

im ok
im good.

just cant see it in those pics.

jim
Peace----------------------------->:patriot:

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
reelpain said:
Lucky me huh "PM". The "cheap bastard" get's to witness these knuckleheads, as well as get into it with Nathan. I think the wheeler's were from Scripps Ranch in San Diego. Again, the event was GREAT..Furthermore, I think if you were handled in that way by a club "officer" (Nathan Woods) you would have been pissed too! I actually joined SCLR just to wheel and attend this event. I guess I expected more integrity from a club "officer's" handling on the matter.

reelpain (it hurts me to call people by the nicknames) -

I definitely see the reason for your disappointment with the event. I don't know what your experience in off-roading is - in mine, the rule of thumb was to go to the hardest trail you can handle without hampering the group's progress too much (hope I wasn't too much of a drag this time). You end up in a smaller group of vehicles, and the driving conditions require much more concentration - so drivers in your group are less likely to do stupid shit. As a side benefit - less dust in your eyes and air filter.

Now, about the handling business. I don't know Nathan Woods and don't even know I've seen him at the RR - I trust Jack's evaluations of people. I didn't want to be a CB myself and I paid for my registration - and since I didn't need anything from RR but go four-wheeling (T-shirt would be nice, but I never had one at RR), I didn't experience any particular "mishandling." I've given away my raffle tickets at previous RRs, so I don't care about that, either. As far as club officers go - you live in San Diego, but you've chosen to join SCLR; the obvious side effect is that you don't know the club members and club officers. Long-distance relationship with your club will have its issues.

B

Badfysh

JSQ = you blow. people paid for the event not because they had to or for the 5 tickets or whatever. we paid to support our clubs and the laws and lands they want to uphold and support. man you are a serious fucktard. a guy who didnt pay shit, doesnt want to be a member, rags on fellow rover owners constantly, shows to an event he continually berates. shows up anyway, for some who cant stand so many people etc. THEN WHY GO THERE LAST WEEKEND. its always there, go anytime. faggot. I wish i knew your dumbass was there.

Jimjet = EXACTLY. a beer at lunch? give me a fucking break. loud music? homos!!!! you guys preach and complain yet you treat people so horribly. i remember the first time i bought a land rover. i drove to an event and people laughed at me. i didnt build that truck, i bought it that way. i wanted a land rover. high and mighty. i bet none of you ever go over 55 on the highway, you always come to complete stop, etc. etc. fucking whiners.

hahaha - cottonwood? pleasant? you homos. we did defense mine and big four only because we were denied Isham due to the inability (locker) of our trucks. That makes no judgement on those who do those trails, some dont want to bash their trucks, some just want secenery. but you pussies that talk and talk, do the easy trails. hahah, we ran Big Four at night - bunch of girly boys, i am glad you kept it low pro because you didnt pay, didnt want to be a part, etc. fuck you, we didnt want you.

i drank on our run twice. thats right, i said it. we hit an obstacle with 10+ trucks that took well over an hour, after i made it over, you better believe i had a coldy while waiting for the rest. i was 4th in line, i helped stack and spot the first 3, the relievers helped me over and then i had a cold one whiule i waited, then others stepped in to help the remainder of the group. the second beer at lunch time with my sandwich.

****** now that i have opened myself up, bring it, you 20 something little twits. you just cant get enough of typing garbage on d-web i am sure you have more to say.

draaronr

Apr 20, 2004
wilmington, nc
Roverlady said:
. I've only seen one occasion of completely foolery and danger associated with those actions (guy who rolled his truck a few years ago).

Oh boy I got to hear you tell your first hand account of what happened on this one. Lets see what you really know about what happened?