Rr07

kellymoe

Banned
Apr 23, 2004
Burbank
DiscoveryXD said:
when will the next event be held? Anything else over the summer? cause i have school this time next year...

I'd love to make a trip down there.

Maybe something in the White Mtn's East of Bishop? Halfway for both of us.

kellymoe

Banned
Apr 23, 2004
Burbank
DiscoveryXD said:
of course! I'ce got another buddy on here with a D90 and i'm sure he'd go too. I get out of school in mid May so i should be able to plan a weekend or few days after then.

I see you like fly fishing. This spot in the Whites has a few nice catch and release streams. I will let you know if it happens.

reelpain

Apr 23, 2007
I stand behind my post. The events I describe are truthful! Im not scorn, and over it. Just call it what it is and don't make excuses. I can manage the logistics of over 5,000 of my Patients with a staff of 5. We're talking about 100 trucks! People DID get "free" tickets, so let's put our TRUTHFUL hats on. As the "Web Master" take responsibility for what the info said. I realize no one else caught it, but shouldn't it have been your responsibility to make it right? Without the condecending tone? I had to track you down at the tent when it was YOU who said "I'll take care of it". Trails were great and still had a blast! It amazes me though that Tickets were still being "whored" out at a raffle that was suppose to start at 8:30 but didn't start until well after 9:00 pm. Oops......there goes your "shortage" of ticket theory! "Truthfulness" is in the eye's of the beholder I guess. Save face..Enough Said on the matter! Happy Trails to all..

Last edited:

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
James - I realized that my D1 is gradually slipping into a catergory of terrible trucks. Besides that, there was a bunch of hacked-to-death D90s - I cannot comprehend why would one want about three square feet of D90 bodywork on a tube frame.

reelpain - it's really simple. You pay $40 or $50 to organizers, they book the entire campground, you get your t-shirt (in my experience, about 3 months after the RR), and your camping spot. You get your chance to drink yourself silly with people you know, and, if you're so inclined, go four-wheeling the next day.
If you're a doctor, what difference one or five or a thousand raffle tickets makes to you?

Matt Kendrick

Sep 10, 2005
Garden Grove, CA
p m said:
If you're a doctor, what difference one or five or a thousand raffle tickets makes to you?

i'm not sure, but i believe cost isn't the issue, it was the principal.

i for one didn't really expect tickets anyway, i don't believe we got them last year either, so i wasn't too concerned.

i was more let down with the loud music and beer pounding (while driving the trails i might add). poor form.

all in all, a good time wheeling and catching up with people i don't see very often.

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
Matt, I honestly don't understand what principle is the issue.
A person who comes to Panamint Valley from San Diego would've spent about $150 in gas already, +whatever junk food comes along.

Matt Kendrick

Sep 10, 2005
Garden Grove, CA
p m said:
Matt, I honestly don't understand what principle is the issue.
A person who comes to Panamint Valley from San Diego would've spent about $150 in gas already, +whatever junk food comes along.

well, like i said, to me it wasn't that big of a deal. i had planned on buying mine all along. but, how much he makes for a living is irrelevant and not a very good argument. it was in writing, he had a copy of it. i think he felt he was just blown off, petty amount or not, that would have pissed me off too.

GregH

Apr 24, 2004
p m said:
How come I missed you there?

We came late Friday night, and the only social activity I took part in was bumming a lighter from Jim Newman, in the middle of his storytelling. I don't think he recognized my face!

Peter-you were camped a couple spots away from me. I was in the brown RRC-your son/relative came over a couple times to borrow a lighter.

Jack saw you-he pointed your campsite out to me as the "Soviet Bloc"...:)

DiscoveryXD

May 1, 2004
where i'm at right now, duh...
Ho said:
beer and loud music from the same truck?

that would be nice to know... Drinking and loud music belongs back at home, not on the trail. I for one go wheeling to get AWAY from that type of stuff. I've been on trips with people like that, and it takes the fun out of everything.

That type of stuff isn't prohibited in the event?

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
GregH said:
Peter-you were camped a couple spots away from me. I was in the brown RRC-your son/relative came over a couple times to borrow a lighter.

Jack saw you-he pointed your campsite out to me as the "Soviet Bloc"...:)
That was my brother - I'm not _that_ old!
I should have gotten his jeep fixed and brought over - that would've been a blast to see.
You guys should've yanked my chain - I could only recognize a handful of faces around Newman.

reelpain

Apr 23, 2007
PM; Im not angry about the event what so ever. Nor does it matter my income,profession,what I drive,where I live, or how many raffle tickets I bought. If you were "handled" in the manner in which I was, I think anyone would have been PISSED OFF!! That's the whole point. Especially being a new member. An example would be;(since your in La Jolla / San Diego) I advertise a free or complimentary service that your interested in. You come to to inquire about it and I say "nothing I can do" I will not honor it. I think you would have felt "handled". That's my point is all. I loved the trails and the people I met. Overall great time as always. Good Trails, and I concur with Matt about the drinking and driving on the trails. Although, the Soju was mighty tasty back at camp. Thanks Ho!!

Last edited:

nwoods

Apr 1, 2006
SoCal
www.nextstepdesigns.com
reelpain said:
I stand behind my post. The events I describe are truthful! (snip) I had to track you down at the tent when it was YOU who said "I'll take care of it"...

Okay, well if you are being truthful, I'm wondering if you were talking to me? A person from SD approached me while I was preparing my truck at my campsite. What I distinctly recall saying was that I don't know what I can accomplish, but that i will certainly talk to the organizers about it and bring it to their attention that the text was on the site from the beginning. I word smith every day in a very litigious industry, so I am pretty careful with how I respond to issues like that. I am 100% confident of what I did and did not say or promise. Additionally, I was not approached at the large event tent so either you didn't talk to me or your memory is clouded by the regrettable frustration you clearly experienced.

As for selling additional tickets, yeah, we might have sold another $50 worth of tickets (qty 50 if you are counting) right before the raffle, but no, we did not have 500 tickets that would have been needed to give all 100 registered trucks their 5 free raffle tickets. And per Doug and Mike, the RR7 coordinators and check-in guys, they did not give anyone tickets beyond what was in our records as purchased as part of their registration or bought on site.

Last edited:

nwoods

Apr 1, 2006
SoCal
www.nextstepdesigns.com
Matt Kendrick said:
i was more let down with the loud music and beer pounding (while driving the trails i might add). poor form.

Wow! I'd like to hear more about the drinking on the trail issue. That is very clearly not acceptable and was discussed at the trip leaders meeting. Feel free to post it here or contact me off line.

For the record, the policy was that there is no drinking while driving on the trail, but it's allowed in moderation during the lunch stop, with the discretion of the trail leader to limit it further.