Wheelin teh RRC.. WUT WUT

luvs2getmuddy

Oct 1, 2006
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Short intro first, recently picked this beauty up from Florida. Currently own a Cherokee(4" lift, so on and so forth, for sale). Always loved Rovers, finally got one. Decided to test it out stock before any upgrades, over the weekend.
Here are some pics:
Entering the trail:
DSC02196.jpg

What a welcoming entrance:
DSC02197.jpg

A nice rock decline. About 5 foot tall drop off. With a some skill I got her down no problem.
DSC02206.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

Some muddy water crossings were experienced. Got deeper. Found out there is a piece of my door jam rubber missing.
DSC02226.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

Decided to put the famous "flex" to the test. The articulation on this vehicle is absolutely superb. Just as good, if not better than my modified Jeep Cherokee.
DSC02238.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

Some more rocky terrain...
DSC02250.jpg

Some more articulation: That is about 1.5 feet of a gap between the tire and the fender edge.
DSC02252.jpg

DSC02254.jpg

A nice scenic shot...
DSC02255.jpg

Attempted some real hard stuff, just didn't have the clearence, and the chickened out after the 2nd attempt.
DSC02266.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

Some more rock to climb...
DSC02278.jpg

Washing it, or attemtping to float, not sure...
DSC02299.jpg

Some nice water crossing/mudhole videos. The last one is the best one IMO.
They are short.

The end of my adventure:
DSC02301.jpg

Carnage;
Some under carriage scrapes.
Jeeps have nothing on this.

luvs2getmuddy

Oct 1, 2006
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Thank you.
I like a variety of things. I like hills, loose dirt, mud (not mud bogging though), water crossings, some rock, and technical trails in general.
THe Rangie seems like a perfect vehicle.

luvs2getmuddy

Oct 1, 2006
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
No, I am not, but I purchased my Rover from florida, and on the way back I had some running issues. I was recommended this shop(British 4x4) and went there. ABSOLUTELY incredible experience. The profissinalism, and knowledge abundance there wasincredible. Too bad we don't have anything close to that here in Canada

simon

Apr 22, 2004
Miami
so then you have someone with knowledge to help you..
by the way soak that rangie in waxoil or something like it before the winter or you wont have no rangie left for summer..

do you wheel close to Algonquin park?

simon

luvs2getmuddy

Oct 1, 2006
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
I will be POR15 'ing the whole undercarriage. If that doesn't go through(I've ordered the por15), I will have it oil sprayed.

Usually I am somewhat far from ALgonquin park. I've wheeled one place semi close to it though up in Gravehurst.