both blinkers blinking after big bump

B

bmxmetallica9

went through a big puddle and it had an unseen drop off i hit it real hard then what looked to be my hazards came on but when i pulled the fuse for the hazrads it wont turn off but but when i pull the blinker fuse it will turn off and my headlight only work on the dulklest setting so i cant drive at night any help will be appreciated if it could be a relay or something else cus these trucks have crazy wiring and hard to work with without a manual or diagram

B

bmxmetallica9

ill check but i have a 95 DI ..........I didnt hit the bumper only the tires hit hard then bounced up do u still think it could be something with airbag? and does that mean if its the air bag what should i do to reset it....and why dont my lights work none of the fuses are blown cus everything is working i just cant stop them from working

F

Flashphoton

Make sure you checkout Mikemeyer0's thread from 8-02-05

mikemeyer0 said:
So last night driving i had I belive the front marker light short out, it melted the wires and then the horn and flashers were coming on, after it blew the horn and flasher fuse, the horn & flashers stoped worling. my question is, when the wires for the lights melted, is the horn and flashers in the same loom and is it possible it melted those wires and sent power to them? the horn and flashers only came on with the lights on then it finally blew the fuse's.

pretty scary driving at night and smell smoke then turn on the dome light and see smoke eveywhere :D

alex

Apr 29, 2004
Libertyville, IL
That's "normal". This is the first stage of the crash sensor activation--unlock the doors and turn on the hazards. to turn them off, put the truck in park, shut it off, and remove the key. then restart the truck and the hazards will turn off. stage two is hazards, door locks, plus fuel pump cut out. stage three is all of the above, plus airbag deployment.

stage two and three are genuine safety features. stage one is annoying as hell. anyone know how to disable?

apg

Dec 28, 2004
East Virginia
Impact

Annoying, indeed.....

It isn't the inertia switch, 'cause that kills the fuel pump and the vehicle won't run. When my hazards came on after hitting a pothole - and curiously, they have *never* come on with much harder 'hits' off-road - I even traced the relay that was actually cycling the blinkers. Removed that, but even that didn't silence the situation when it was re-installed.

It was only through pure luck and happenstance that I realized that some sequence of key off, open door, close door, start and repeat would shut the damn thing up.

Annoying, but normal operation..... :rolleyes:

Cheers

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
That happened to me a few times and confused me very much, BUT mine hasn't done that since I've changed from stock setup... and I know I've taken much harder hits! Weird.

ChrismonDA

May 2, 2004
NC Johnston Co
Normal, I hit a deer with my 97 it did the same thing. Just cycle the ignition or if it tripped the inertia switch which you would know because no fuel would be able to get to the engine.

Steve Rupp

Apr 21, 2004
Seattle, WA
www.discoweb.org
Bang the rear bumper on a nice ledge and it'll do the same thing. It's so funny when it happens to people on the trail. I have to laugh, because they didn't anticipate the drop and came down a little to hard. :D

WillTN

Oct 14, 2004
Franklin, TN
www.tnrovers.com
I always wondered why D1's hazards were coming on. People have asked me why their truck was doing it and I never knew what to tell them.

I was on a dealer ride once and I was bringing up the rear for them since they had sold there "off road" truck and the guy in front of me was having a bad day I guess. His truck overheated and then he popped the sidewall on his tire and his spare was almost flat. And he beat his front and rear bumpers to hell and almost sent the truck off a rocky cliff and it would of rolled for a while but he hit the gas at the right time and the truck got traction back. And near the end of the ride he came down on something extremely hard and then he could not get his hazards to go off. I came over and was just like... um, maybe the switch is stuck or something... but I really had no idea (lol). But then I walked off and I guess he finally turned the truck off and they stopped. But I never know why it did that. But I really never cared either, I was having my own problems and was really pissed off buy that time. :rolleyes:

I guess I learned something tonight. :D