Off-road Ready 1996 Discovery Sd For Sale

Alyssa

Apr 19, 2004
Philadelphia's Main Line
SOLD through LRX while DiscoWeb was down
1996 DISCOVERY; Price: $8,900 (Recently Reduced)
OFF-ROAD READY 1996 DISCOVERY SD FOR SALE
I am offering up my beloved ''Lucas'' for sale. This is the perfect vehicle to use for a trail rig. Epsom Green with Bahama Beige Leather interior, MANUAL SEATS (no electric motors to break!), no sunroofs (no leaks or squeaks to worry about!), Genuine CD Changer, Automatic Transmission. 90,897 miles. Newer Goodyear MTR mud tires mounted on 5 LR alloys. Front brake rotors and front and rear brake pads have less than 3000 miles on them. Runs very well. All switches and windows work. This was my daily driver until very recently. Clear title, no known accidents. SOME of the modifications include: Safari Gard Front Bumper with integrated skid plate & cad plated d-ring, SG differential guards, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Rovertym HD trailing arms with new bushings, Rovertym drag link, Rovertym damper relocation kit, D90 track rod, Front Safari Gard Rock Guard, upper rear lamp guards, Adventure Roof Rack, Rear ladder, OME HDs springs all around, Warn Black Diamond XT shocks up front, Rancho 5000s in back, Rear Sway Bar removed, Rockware Sliders, 4 Hella 3000s on the Roof Rack, KC Daylighter rear lamp, Weatherproof CB, Genuine rubber floor mats & loadspace mat, True Trac front differential, Stainless Steel Brake lines, trailer wiring, Hi-Lift mount installed on roof rack. The driver's side rear quarter panel is pushed in... not from an accident, from an off-road oops! by my husband. Surprisingly few other body dings. Sports lovely trail pinstripes. Driver's seat base leather is worn, but not torn. Interior has been drilled for various attachments... fire extinguisher, maglite, emergency escape hammer, machete. Recent new brake master cylinder and battery. Slight oil pan seepage (top end of engine is completely leak free since valve job and new head 14 months ago, new plugs done at that time and a new exhaust manifold too). Engine & diffs have been run on synthetic for the past 3 years. Newish O2 sensors. I have always used premium fuel. Vehicle lived in Florida for first 4 years of its life, so there is minimal rust. Power steering has been seeping as long as I've owned the truck, but it's never posed any problems. Front wheel bearings have been replaced fairly recently. All maintenance was done on time (or ahead of schedule) with genuine parts. New serpentine belt. Large collection of Land Rover stickers from all over the world are all over vehicle glass and body. ABS unplugged (feels like a sensor needs to be reseated, next owner is free to deal with it, or rip it out entirely for trail use). Slight pull to the left under acceleration. SRS light on. This truck has been reliable daily transportation for me for the last 4 years, and hopefully someone will be able to provide Lucas with a good new home!

Alyssa Brown <aparlin@alumni.wlu.edu>
Haverford (on the Main Line of Philadelphia), Pennsylvania, United States of America

Last edited: