flushing engine and trans, have a few basic questions

darw_n

Jul 19, 2004
breckenridge, colorado
per my issues last week of fluctuating oil levels, I *think* I am have my engine flushed and switching to synth, I am also having my trans done.

is there anything else I should get out of the way during this process? I know thats a very open ended question, but I didn't know if there are other things you guys do when you do this.

I am having the dealer do it because time is so restrictive to me.

and here are my 2 other question:

1.) all you guys recommend switching to synth, even though I am at 77k. Why does the dealer strongly recommend not to?

2.) is there a better trans fluid than the standard landrover dealers choice?

BTW, I have had a carbon clean about 8 months agao. should I do it again before going to synth?

thanks for any input!

rovercanus

Apr 24, 2004
I tried flushing my engine and trans and it clogged the toilet!
Maybe do your brakes and coolant if you really want to spend money. At 77k you shouldn't have a problem with synth. It may leak but if it does you had problems already. Your dealer is probably one of those old school people that think switching will start showing how porous Land Rovers really are. If it doesn't leak, it's empty.
Make sure there are no bats in your truck. They tend to set the alarm off at night.

darw_n

Jul 19, 2004
breckenridge, colorado
thats what I thought, my theory is that, if it leaks, and if its actually a bad leak, I'll fix it....

what about ****** flushing, what fluids should I use?