Why relocate the washer bottle? Synthetics?

jettfuel

Jun 8, 2004
Can anyone tell me why you would relocate the washer bottle in the engine compartment. I read the tech atricle and understand how to do it but I just don't know why???

Also are you guys running synthetic fluids in the engine, transmission, diffs, and are you using the genuine LR oil filter?

Thanks for the help, as you can tell I am new to my 2000 DII.

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
jettfuel said:
Can anyone tell me why you would relocate the washer bottle in the engine compartment. I read the tech atricle and understand how to do it but I just don't know why???

cause when you remove the front bumper/air dam on a DII for a better approach angle bumper, your washer bottle is left unprotected:

Attachments

• Mike V.jpg
    Mike V.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 246

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
i've been running Mobil 1 in my engine since i got the truck at 60k miles (now have 120k). i run regular dino stuff in the diffs and transfer case though. do have the synth/marine grease in the hubs. also have mobil synth grease in the uj's and drive shafts. oil filter, i usually just use a purolator, or something along those lines. i do change my oil and filter religiously every 3k-3.5k miles. diffs and transfer case gets changed every other oil change or so (or depending on recent water crossings, will change shortly thereafter).

Lutzgaterr

Apr 23, 2004
LUTZ, Florida
I use Dino in the diffs only, everything else gets synthetic. Some think it's a waste, but it's my $$ and I feel better knowing it's in there.
For the price of a LR oil filter, you can get a K&N oil filter, if not a little cheaper, and that it is a larger capacity filter to boot!

Randy

Apr 20, 2004
Easton, Pa.
Because if you go to an RTE slimline bumper on a D2 the bottle sticks out about 3-4" below the bumper and is vulnerable besides looking like shit.