D-Web Video Idea

GregFrench

Apr 26, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
www.pantheism.net
Have you ever been watching a D-Web video, and found yourself wondering "Why did they take that route", or "how did he get stuck there", or "I wonder how they are going to fix that?"

I think the D-Web video staff should put together a "How To" video. Take footage from different videos and explain what the driver is doing right, what they are doing wrong, choosing lines, winching, getting stuck, getting unstuck, treading lightly, what to bring, what not to bring, field repairs, camping gear, etc.

From what I have seen, the D-Web videos are top quality. There are already videos out there on this subject; why not make one and capitalize on the idea. I know I would probably buy one. I'm sure everyone could learn something from them, no matter what their experience level.

Just a thought

F

Falconx84

I second that motion --- I'd definitely buy one

and help make it if you guys are in the area :)

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
Yes, picking the right line is very important. Problem is though, that the right line for me, might not be the right line for somebody else. It all depends on how your truck is equipped, experience level, tolarance for body damage and so on and so forth. Making a video on 'the right line' would be next to impossible.

There are basic techniques of course, but Bill Burke have already covered that pretty well, I think.

N

nickangus

I would buy one really want to get into 4-wheeling I would love to have an easy way to learn about picking lines and fixing problems out on the trail in a discovery

nick

D

D Chapman

While were are on video's: What about another East Coast video? You still have Paragon, Rausch Creek, Tellico, that place opening in KY..... Some pretty cool shots could be made at any of those places.

Axel

Staff member
Apr 1, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.discoweb.org
Yeah, I think there will be another East Coast video at some point, but don't know when. Right now, I have tons of Moab footage I have to finish putting together, so that will be the next release. That's on hold at the moment though, due to a current house project taking up the bulk of my spare time.