New Puddle

Greg French

Sep 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
Took my 93 LWB out this weekend, testing it and getting used to it on some local trails before committing to any vehicle dependent expeditions.
I was suprised at how well it performed. I finally seem to have the ETC and VC problems worked out. I was actually able to go places in this less-than-stock, bald-tired, saggy-springed beast that my lifted Disco had trouble on. Very impressed.

Anyway, the next morning, I had a new oil spot under her. I can't figure out where it is coming from. It is around the center of the truck, about half way back. There was too much mud to nail down the exact location of the leak, though, and apparently hasn't leaked since.

Could taking it off road and actually using the VC cause it to leak? Is there a way to check the VC fluid level? It still drives ok, and there are no new noises or smells that I can't account for. This ever happen to anyone else?

sven

Yup especially at slow speeds (turning in a parking space).

My seized VC has broken an inner axle shaft, CV joint, and 2 u joints in the front driveshaft (both on the t-case end). When I went to the LT230, I noticed a world of difference in the way it steered (much easier).